Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

New Sound Devices MixPre II-series coming?

(1/83) > >>

justme:
I just write a support ticket to Sound Devices about the poor SD memory card support when I noticed some previously unseen names in the product support list.

It appears as if a new updated version of the MixPre-3/6/10 series filed recorders are on the way!

These are named with a suffix of "II":
MixPre-3 II
MixPre-6 II
MixPre-10 II

Great news for mankind - but perhaps annoyingly sad for us with the old ones as we barely have any working medium to record onto.

voltronic:
They would hardly be the first manufacturer to fix a design or basic performance problem in a Gen-2 unit.

jeenash:
I'd like to see a mixpre-2. Two channels and super small with the same preamps. Oh, and be able to run on aa's forever. Oh, oh, and made of little to no metal. Too much  to ask?

mountaintaper:
I'd be happy with a transport lock function and recessed gain knobs.

mjwin:
Bring back CF cards I say!  Where more of the data processing burden was implemented by the card itself. 

Other than that, most of our (non software fixable) gripes are due mainly to the physical size / layout of the machine, & I can't see SD spending $$$$$$ re-tooling the case. It would make it a different animal

So recessed gain knobs are out, as are a better placed  encoder knob, Hirose input,  etc.  But then I love that fact that the machine is so tiny. I guess you can't have it all ways. 

Doubtless there will now be great intrigue and much speculation over the coming months as to what exactly the -II suffix implies...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version