Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Who is buying DAT decks and why?

(1/3) > >>

tdg455:
Hello,

I’m not sure if I’m posting this in the right spot but anyway I have some old DAT decks that haven’t worked in years, a Tascam DA 302 dual dat and a Panasonic SV-3800.
I wanted to sell them and was surprised to see non working decks like my Tascam going for $200 on eBay.
I’m just wondering if people are still recording in this format or is this fueled by nostalgia for old formats?

Tom

crunchy:
My guess would be to transfer old tapes. I have a good chunk of tapes to transfer and my DA-P1 needs some repairs, but I'm having a hard time justifying paying to fix it or paying the prices for working unit. Since these are not made any more a working unit is more valuable to someone in need.

billydee:
I sold my old non-working SONY D3 portable DAT recorder on Ebay a couple years ago and was shocked at how quick it was snatched up. The buyer was from the Philippines.

old and in the way:
Also a parts machine . A few yrs ago i bought a hhb pdr 1000  so i'd have a machine for parts in the event one broke paid 150.00 and both still work . A couple dozen dats left to transfer and then? Never know though might run into a batch of dats  and need one . Actually the hhb was a top of the line portable back in the day and made fine tapes.

tdg455:
Yeah I’m sure there are plenty of dats still not transferred, I have plenty. I have a Sony ZA5ES that is still working.
The dual dat is what puzzles me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version