Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Superclamp Accessories for TLs?  (Read 4071 times)

Offline drewloo

• Friend of Salsa
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • it's recreational
Superclamp Accessories for TLs?
« on: August 25, 2004, 01:57:06 AM »
I'm looking to get a Bogen super clamp & use it w/ some TLs and an AKG T-bar.  Does anyone know what accessories I absolutely need for this?  Can I get by w/ just the stud or do I have to use an extension arm?  Also, what adapter will I need? thanks, Drew

Offline Rob D.

Re: Superclamp Accessories for TLs?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 04:16:54 PM »
I'm looking to get a Bogen super clamp & use it w/ some TLs and an AKG T-bar.  Does anyone know what accessories I absolutely need for this?  Can I get by w/ just the stud or do I have to use an extension arm?  Also, what adapter will I need? thanks, Drew

Hey drewloo, go here: http://www.cascademedia.net/categories.asp?catid=133
and check out the extension arms available for the superclamp. I just keep a superclamp and the 2906 extension in my bag and its all I've ever needed to clamp. The 2906 photo at the Cascade Media site looks like maybe it comes with the brass thread bit thingy as you'll need that as well.

Offline hzgone

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 05:41:57 PM »
i use the extension arm with my super clamp and the akg bar with the TL's clamping to someone else's stand makes it a little top heavy with that big clamp and the big ass TL's all and all the super clamp works awesome
http://db.etree.org/hzgone
http://dead.no-ip.info

AKG 391's>MiAGi-II Silver Cables>V3>VX Pocket V2>Fujitsu 2110

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

Offline blu666z

• Trade Count: (1)
  • AT ES943(H/C/O caps) » JKLab PP9 Pre » wmod UA-5
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 05:52:22 PM »
I've been trying to figure out how to thread another hole into my SuperClamp.  The stud can be screwed directly into the SuperClamp, but if you are clamped to a vertical pole, the stud will be horizontal.  I want to add a threaded hole so the stud could be moved to a vertical position as well.  Think it would really help keep the center of gravity right around the stand.  Hope that made sense.  Hard to explain with no visual.

-Kevin

Offline drewloo

• Friend of Salsa
  • it's recreational
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 01:21:02 AM »
Thanks, fellas.  I'm mainly gonna use the superclamp for clamping onto rails & stuff like that.  I can see how things could get a little top heavy on a stand w/ the clamp and TLs.  Guess I'll just continue to use the ENG (that's what Cascade calls it) clamp for clamping onto stands. +Ts

I've been trying to figure out how to thread another hole into my SuperClamp.  The stud can be screwed directly into the SuperClamp, but if you are clamped to a vertical pole, the stud will be horizontal.  I want to add a threaded hole so the stud could be moved to a vertical position as well.  Think it would really help keep the center of gravity right around the stand.  Hope that made sense.  Hard to explain with no visual.

Kevin, would this work for you? Bogen / Manfrotto 2897 Right Angle Stud - for Super Clamp  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=5148&is=REG   I honestly don't see where the right angle is  :)  but I guess there's one there if they say so....

« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 06:16:42 AM by drewloo »

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 08:08:43 AM »
Kevin, would this work for you? Bogen / Manfrotto 2897 Right Angle Stud - for Super Clamp  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=5148&is=REG   I honestly don't see where the right angle is  :)  but I guess there's one there if they say so....

That piece is used for attaching two superclamps to each other.  Not what you want.  Someone's gotta have a right-angle adapter...but I don't know who or where.   :-\  I'd suggest an $8 gooseneck extension from your local musicians gear store, but I think the TLs might be too heavy.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 08:45:39 AM »
the extension arm, though it adds weight allows you to use it with a stand, with the clamp mounted sideways.

Offline blu666z

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 02:52:12 PM »
Nick, not sure if your comment was directed at me or the other guy but I do have an extenstion arm that will rotate 360deg.  I'm just trying to bring the weight of the TLs closer to the stand.  You get the TLs 8" away from the stand and they have some pretty good pull on the stand.  Anybody know what I nedd to buy in order to tap a new hole? 

-Kevin

edit: 2000th post...I need a life.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2004, 03:00:54 PM »
Nick, not sure if your comment was directed at me or the other guy but I do have an extenstion arm that will rotate 360deg.  I'm just trying to bring the weight of the TLs closer to the stand.  You get the TLs 8" away from the stand and they have some pretty good pull on the stand.  Anybody know what I nedd to buy in order to tap a new hole? 

-Kevin

edit: 2000th post...I need a life.

Gotcha Kevin...didnt understand your question.  You would think they would have made a stud that just bent 45 degrees...

Offline Bloomer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Someones got to turn the page....
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2004, 12:18:42 AM »
Thanks your post!  It just talked me into buying a Superclamp with the little table(I'm putting it together) and also an LP 592B-n for umbrella clamp. These should complete my stand.   
SP-CMC-8>ACM 660

Offline Bloomer

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004, 11:49:43 PM »
Got the clamp via Fedex today and it looks to be the most multitask tool I own for taping. Mic mount can be mount then attach to a rail or whatever.  Being prepaired as a taper in any musical setting is my newbie leason of the day.
SP-CMC-8>ACM 660

Offline blu666z

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2004, 06:25:07 PM »
One tip.  Think Nick may have told me about this one, take a file and round off the end of the extension that goes into the clamp.  Round it off enough and you will be able to rotate the arm to any angle you might need.  Great for clamping on rails that aren't perfectly horizontal or vertical.

-Kevin

Offline blu666z

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2004, 04:46:36 PM »
Here's the mod I did to my Superclamp.  Defiantly good for keeping heavy mics close to the stand.

Offline Bloomer

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2004, 05:49:45 PM »
+T nice mod
SP-CMC-8>ACM 660

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.097 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com