Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How to seed an old torrent on etree (or other tracker)?  (Read 2119 times)

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Needs to get out more...
How to seed an old torrent on etree (or other tracker)?
« on: September 03, 2016, 09:43:57 PM »
Is there any way for me to seed my old torrent uploads to etree?  The background is that the files are moved into different locations, hard drives, etc., since I first uploaded them 7+ years ago, but I want to simply seed the original torrents rather than start a new one.  The files are all the same so I was hoping there would be an easy way to start seeding them again, but everything I've tried (e.g. making a new torrent with the same files and the same name; downloading the original torrent which has the same name and same files and using that to try to seed, etc.) has not worked.  Only uploading a new torrent has worked.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Offline admkrk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
Re: How to seed an old torrent on etree (or other tracker)?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 10:43:49 PM »
If only the location has changed, downloading the torrent should work. The only reason for it not to, since it is obviously available, that I can think of is the download is not pointed at the correct folder. In other words, your client is not seeing the completed files.
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: How to seed an old torrent on etree (or other tracker)?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 02:11:47 AM »
Thanks for the input!  I ended up getting it to work by using the torrent that I downloaded from etree and selecting the folder that contained the files as the "download" folder (I hadn't tried this before for some reason) and it has been working. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com