Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR100 mkii power  (Read 279 times)

Offline Elana

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
Tascam DR100 mkii power
« on: April 04, 2024, 03:37:04 PM »
Does anyone know the size of the dc in plug on the dr100 mkii? Maybe the adapt-a-plug letter too? Any cables you can recommend that have a USB plug on the other end? I'm needing to tape some shows with this and all the rest of my gear is back in the US and inaccessible to me. The internal Li-Ion battery is giving me about 2.5-3hrs but the eneloops I have are only giving me 15 mins (when removing the internal battery for testing). I've heard about people having issues with AA batteries dying quickly. I need a reliable 4-hours at minimum, so I need an external battery. Last time I used this thing was 2019 and I may have had a dc plug to usb cable, but I honestly can't remember.

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: Tascam DR100 mkii power
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 04:33:30 PM »

From the sticky in the Remote Power section

Tascam DR100 / 5v/ Size B, 4.00mm OD × 1.70mm ID / Center pin (+)  Ring (-) / Normal Polarity
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline Elana

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 12:20:49 AM »
Thanks I must have missed that.

Offline fanofjam

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2024, 11:26:15 PM »
I've heard about people having issues with AA batteries dying quickly. I need a reliable 4-hours at minimum, so I need an external battery.

Just as an FYI, it's not that the batteries necessarily die quickly, it's that the cut-out voltage for DR-100 is too high.  IIRC, it's only an issue when using Ni-MH batteries.  Years ago, we asked Tascam, if it was possible, to address this with a firmware update, but it never happened.  FWIW, if you still have the AAs you used to find out that it only runs 15 mins or so, they still have alot of life left in them.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com