Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New Sennheiser Active Setup  (Read 88404 times)

Offline aegert

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: New Sennheiser Active Setup
« Reply #225 on: January 18, 2008, 12:19:36 PM »
I wonder if you can use the remote cables with the schoeps din and ortf bars???hhmmm.

hopefully, I'll find that out in a couple of weeks :)

I got a price of only $102 per remote cable. If I buy a set, I am definitely getting the remote cables.

What do the remote cables buy you? They are not active the profile of a small right angled xlr is similar... Just a thought...

Thanks A :)
B&k 4022's > Grace Lunatec V3 > Self Built  Neutrik/ Mogami XLR to TRS > Korg MR1000

Schoeps CMT44's > Self Built Neutrik/ Tuchel 2 ch Snake > Switchcraft Phantom to T-power Adapters > Grace Lunatec V3 > Sound Devices 722

www.motb.org

The bus came by and I got on....

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #226 on: January 18, 2008, 12:27:51 PM »

What do the remote cables buy you? They are not active the profile of a small right angled xlr is similar... Just a thought...

Not really - you remove the XLR module to use the remote cable - it will be much shorter than the complete mic. with a rt.angled XLR.

Also - the remote cables are stereo capable.. So when Sennheiser add the Y-cable later on, you will be able to run two heads down the same remote cable.

Offline aegert

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #227 on: January 18, 2008, 12:35:16 PM »

Not really - you remove the XLR module to use the remote cable - it will be much shorter than the complete mic. with a rt.angled XLR.

Also - the remote cables are stereo capable.. So when Sennheiser add the Y-cable later on, you will be able to run two heads down the same remote cable.

Got it..... You know I don't stealth it... and build my own cables. I run a neat 2 channel snake with right angle neutrek's. All shrink wrapped and braided... So I probably would not be a candidate but for other purposes I see how it would be beneficial.. Thanks
A
B&k 4022's > Grace Lunatec V3 > Self Built  Neutrik/ Mogami XLR to TRS > Korg MR1000

Schoeps CMT44's > Self Built Neutrik/ Tuchel 2 ch Snake > Switchcraft Phantom to T-power Adapters > Grace Lunatec V3 > Sound Devices 722

www.motb.org

Offline aegert

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #228 on: January 24, 2008, 02:38:06 PM »
OK

Looks like 1/29 Highline Ballroom Trying to get the dpa's on the pole but for now will be running...

Senn MKH8040-st > v3 > Korg MR-1000 > 1bit 5.64mhz > 16/44.1 (strait dissemination)

Neumann 184's > v3 > Korg MR-1000 > 1bit 5.64mhz > 16/44.1 (strait dissemination)

Schoeps CMT44's > SD 722 > 24/88 > 16/44.1 Izotope SRC/MBIT

If we get the dpa's

DPA 4021's > v3 > sd722 >24/88 > 16/44.1 Izotope SRC/MBIT

I want to get these samples out in cd quality minimum so I will make sample cd's to send PM me if you want one... This is restricted to the guys in this thread... 24 bit will be available on DVD as samples as well.

I normally do 24/96 but in an effort to reduce mathematical error for the samples I will go with 88khz. I really don't think with Izotope's src you would hear the diff but who needs an argument ROFL

I would post mp3's but you will never hear the difference LOL

Please weigh in on weather or not I should do these as a strait pull or with a HP pad -15db/O at 50hz

A :-)

www.motb.org

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #229 on: January 24, 2008, 04:18:34 PM »
I actually used these in anger for the first time last night.

So my money is going on the table and I will get a stereo set of both 8020s and 8040s.

But I will probably add a stand, extension tube and remote cable.  But I really now also want the y-cable and XLR-5 so I can run spaced omnis or an ORTF pair down a single remote.

Very unobtrusive when recording a piano recital in front of an audience.  :D

Offline ArchivalAudio

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Teams Milab | MBHO | TeamVW:2011 Touareg TDI
« Reply #230 on: January 25, 2008, 12:25:37 AM »
A,
sounds awesome!

PM sent

can't wait to hear the comp

those are very nice rigs yuor running
thanx for all of the kind efforts!

peace thru (sharing)music

-- Ian
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music
since 1986 & digitally since 1995

https://www.facebook.com/ArchivalAudio/

Main Mics: Milab VM-44 Links • Milab DC-196's (Matched  Pair)  • MBHO KA500 or KA300 •
PreAmps:  BaybNbox  • Naiant LittleBox • Naiant [Milab VM44] TinyBox • Naiant PIPsqueak
Recorders: MixPre 10T •  Tascam DR-100 mkIII • Sony A-10 • Sony M-10 

macMini 3Ghz i7 16GB Ram 500GB SSD • MOTU UltraLite
Naiant MSH-2's •   TOA K1's • Beyer TG 153c's •  AT 853 (4.7kmod darktrain) • Countryman B3's (1 k mod)  + other assorted mics

Offline ArchivalAudio

« Reply #231 on: January 25, 2008, 12:29:17 AM »

Please weigh in on weather or not I should do these as a strait pull or with a HP pad -15db/O at 50hz

A :-)

oh,
I would run them flat no 50hz roll off

that's my 2¢
as they only go down to 30hz any way... they won't be thundering... but if you are very FOB?  who knows...
I would still run no roll off

;)
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music

Main Mics: Milab VM-44 Links • Milab DC-196's (Matched  Pair)  • MBHO KA500 or KA300 •
PreAmps:  BaybNbox  • Naiant LittleBox • Naiant [Milab VM44] TinyBox • Naiant PIPsqueak

Naiant MSH-2's •   TOA K1's • Beyer TG 153c's •  AT 853 (4.7kmod darktrain) • Countryman B3's (1 k mod)  + other assorted mics

Offline ArchivalAudio

« Reply #232 on: January 30, 2008, 06:48:40 PM »
Hey
A
maybe soon you'll have had a chance to listen to some of the recordings from last nite?

any initial thoughts?

where did you run from
and how high on the stand were the mics?

I bet it was a great show...
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #233 on: January 30, 2008, 07:18:48 PM »
Hey
A
maybe soon you'll have had a chance to listen to some of the recordings from last nite?

any initial thoughts?

where did you run from
and how high on the stand were the mics?

I bet it was a great show...

i was there last night too and ran next to you guys clamped to the balcony at the highline. haven't had a chance to check out my recording, but it looks like you guys accomplished the comp you wanted. REALLY looking forward to hearing these cards. these mics are tiny!

Offline aegert

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #234 on: January 31, 2008, 12:32:06 PM »
hEY

I don't think we got the compare we wanted... Little errors conspired but we will try again. But will be pulling together samples this week... TJ great to meet you!

The senns are sensitive boy!

They definitely need a roll off for sure. I will post a sample of both raw and where I rolled off the lows in wavelab at -6db/octive at 50hz a big difference!

My 11yr old daughter commented in the car yesterday that it felt like someone was hitting the door with a hammer to the beat! LOL now NMA is really muddy to begin with ROFL With the edit in Wavelab it sounds killer. The sub in the car was working over time!

The dpa's were put in XY not ORTF! Don't ask

The 184's were split and put in front of the balcony repeater stacks for the sound guys

the Schoeps got rolled off by accident at 80hz by 6db/octive... OOOOFFFAAAA !

The devil was out in force..

We will shoot to do this again for the Black Crows at teh Fillmore at Irving Plaza....

You just can't catch a break!

I will post sample of all soon
A :D

www.motb.org

Offline grider

• Trade Count: (6)
  • always give more than you take
« Reply #235 on: January 31, 2008, 01:09:28 PM »
I would imagine loading in/setting up/guarding/rolling four completely separate rigs is a little taxing, so we'll let it slide this time  :P

Offline aegert

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #236 on: January 31, 2008, 01:21:51 PM »
I would imagine loading in/setting up/guarding/rolling four completely separate rigs is a little taxing, so we'll let it slide this time  :P

Thanks ROFL you have no Idea... We were going to use a v2 for the schoeps but ran into the 722 instead.. The settings were from a previous session Sucks... My fault.. But it was a lot on the table tj can attest LOL...

We had 3 bags 4 recorders 3 pre's 6 batteries, 4 sets of mics a Uher 240 cassette running off the dpa's as well LOL

Lots of beer scotch and vodka not to mention the nugs OOOFFFAAA

Next time we pre set up the rigs with a confermation checklist... LOL

;-P

Love A

www.motb.org

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #237 on: January 31, 2008, 01:33:44 PM »

Thanks ROFL you have no Idea... We were going to use a v2 for the schoeps but ran into the 722 instead.. The settings were from a previous session Sucks... My fault.. But it was a lot on the table tj can attest LOL...

We had 3 bags 4 recorders 3 pre's 6 batteries, 4 sets of mics a Uher 240 cassette running off the dpa's as well LOL

Lots of beer scotch and vodka not to mention the nugs OOOFFFAAA

Next time we pre set up the rigs with a confermation checklist... LOL

;-P

Love A

yeah, you guys were definitely rolling deep. what did you run behind the senns?

Offline aegert

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #238 on: January 31, 2008, 02:09:58 PM »
senn 8040-st > Grace Designs V3 > korg mr-1000 > 1bit 5.64Mhz DFF
A

www.motb.org

Offline ArchivalAudio

« Reply #239 on: February 05, 2008, 01:56:56 AM »
any more news on how the comp came out?
looking forward to another comp shot...
maybe you could enlist more help for set up and running decks n such....
if I were on the east coast I'd help
lookin forward to another chance for a comp...
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.089 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com