Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iriver H1xx Tapers FAQ (beta)  (Read 102078 times)

Offline petur

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • wtb: time
Re: iriver H1xx Tapers FAQ (beta)
« Reply #300 on: September 21, 2006, 04:31:48 PM »
I believe the hardrive in the h140 is a 'double platter' and the one in the h120 is a single (that's why the dimesions are different between the h120 & h140).  Based on that information, I don't believe that the 60 gig would fit in the h120.  That is purely speculation, and maybe whatboutbob or someone else can clarify.

all correct.

the dual platters are 8mm thick, the single platters only 5mm, make sure you check this. Some have managed to cram a dual platter drive into a h120/h320 by removing the protective (blue) foam, but I rather have some shock protection around my disk.

I'm waiting to do a battery upgrade when the 80gig disks become available and a little less expensive ;)

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
« Reply #301 on: September 21, 2006, 07:16:10 PM »
What size disk drive is the largest that will physically fit (correctly) into the h120?

Offline aberg

• Team Canada
« Reply #302 on: September 21, 2006, 11:50:53 PM »
OK, so my iRiver has been working fine for the last week.

I just tried a sample recording on it, and when I pressed stop to end the recording, all hell broke loose. The unit froze, so I did a reset, and now I can't fully format or anything. It just hangs during format, and it won't boot into rockbox, it tries to, and then some message "return -4" comes up and it goes back into the iRiver firmware.

Any suggestions? If it's fucked, I'm going to try and get my money back from the ebay seller -- or worst case, file a report with ebay/paypal if that will get me anywhere.

Offline aberg

• Team Canada
« Reply #303 on: September 22, 2006, 12:07:46 AM »
OK, so my iRiver has been working fine for the last week.

I just tried a sample recording on it, and when I pressed stop to end the recording, all hell broke loose. The unit froze, so I did a reset, and now I can't fully format or anything. It just hangs during format, and it won't boot into rockbox, it tries to, and then some message "return -4" comes up and it goes back into the iRiver firmware.

Any suggestions? If it's fucked, I'm going to try and get my money back from the ebay seller -- or worst case, file a report with ebay/paypal if that will get me anywhere.

Ok, got it working... formatted from within the original firmware. Weird..... hopefully it doesn't fuck up like this during a real show.

Offline hyperplane

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #304 on: September 22, 2006, 01:29:24 AM »
berg - what version of rockbox are you running?

I'm running 2006-06-17 with no problems (knock on wood). I'm sure others are running various other (more recent) versions. I simply haven't updated because everything's running fine so far, so why screw with something that's working okay?

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #305 on: September 22, 2006, 04:49:25 AM »
i´m running Mmmmm´s version from the http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=2513.555 .
u can find it in his signature!
right now(22.Sept 2006) its a 13.Sept.2006 build with various patches.
no errors whilst recording in wav or mp3.....recorded 7 hours in mp3 last night from FM-source.

concerning the Pearl Jam show next monday i just printed this statement...if the securities don´t "behave" as they are supposed to ;D:
http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/tour/taping.html
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 06:28:33 AM by Arni99 »
1st: SONY PCM-M10 + DPA 4060's + DPA MPS 6030 power supply (microdot)
2nd: iPhone 5 + "Rode iXY" microphone/"Zoom IQ5" microphone

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #306 on: September 22, 2006, 07:23:23 AM »
What size disk drive is the largest that will physically fit (correctly) into the h120?
If you can find them: a 40GB single platter disk (MK4009GAL, MK4007GAL), else a 30GB single platter.
Those have a thickness of 5mm.

look here: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=810000000007000000010000659800000001/810000000B0C000000010000659C000026BD

Offline whatboutbob

• Taperssection Member
  • A very happy chappy right now...
« Reply #307 on: September 22, 2006, 08:32:09 AM »
concerning the Pearl Jam show next monday i just printed this statement...if the securities don´t "behave" as they are supposed to ;D:

I'm not sure you want to do that when it expressly says no external mics...
Mics: Audix m1290's, AT943's (w/ AT853 C/O/H caps), AT853's
Power: PS-2, Homebrew 3wbb, SPSB-6
Pre/AD: UA-5 (BM2p+), CA-9100, AD-20
Recorder: iriver H120, H160

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #308 on: September 22, 2006, 09:30:53 AM »

I'm sure he edited that page a bit before printing it  >:D

Offline cgrooves

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Get On the Bus -Busman Audio
« Reply #309 on: September 22, 2006, 12:16:01 PM »
Ok, got it working... formatted from within the original firmware. Weird..... hopefully it doesn't fuck up like this during a real show.

Always use the original firmware to format.  I have heard numerous reports of problems trying to format via windows, but never have heard of a problem formatting with the iRiver firmware.  iRiver's original firmware did not include a format option in the menu.  Due to numerous problems formatting via windows, iRiver upgraded their firmware to allow you to format.  This has already been discussed here, but I know how much of a pain it is to wade through all of the posts.  It may have turned up in a search, though.  FWIW, I've found that most of the 'common' problems have already been discussed either in the FAQ thread or the Team thread.  It just takes some searching.  Glad you got it going again.  Good luck!
AUDIO:
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-(K1/K2/K3/K4) > Fostex FR-2LE (Busman T Mod) 

Unopen:  AudioReality Omni Mics (Panasonic capsules)> AudioReality Battery Box (depending on SPL's) > iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

VISUAL:
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 85mm/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8

Offline aberg

• Team Canada
« Reply #310 on: September 22, 2006, 12:18:06 PM »
Thanks for the info! What worries me is that it froze up when I pressed stop at the end of a recording and gave a I05 error. I think it was a "divide by zero" thing that I saw talk of, so I'm going to get the latest stable build with REP from that martin dude, hopefully that will prevent this problem.

Offline cgrooves

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Get On the Bus -Busman Audio
« Reply #311 on: September 22, 2006, 12:21:56 PM »
Thanks for the info! What worries me is that it froze up when I pressed stop at the end of a recording and gave a I05 error. I think it was a "divide by zero" thing that I saw talk of, so I'm going to get the latest stable build with REP from that martin dude, hopefully that will prevent this problem.

I don't think I've ever had one freeze up while recording.  My H140 did freeze up this morning playing back a large wav file.  I was rewinding a song and when I let go of the joystick, it froze up.  Hit the reset button and everything went back to normal  8)
AUDIO:
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-(K1/K2/K3/K4) > Fostex FR-2LE (Busman T Mod) 

Unopen:  AudioReality Omni Mics (Panasonic capsules)> AudioReality Battery Box (depending on SPL's) > iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

VISUAL:
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 85mm/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8

Offline aberg

• Team Canada
« Reply #312 on: September 22, 2006, 12:25:50 PM »

I don't think I've ever had one freeze up while recording.  My H140 did freeze up this morning playing back a large wav file.  I was rewinding a song and when I let go of the joystick, it froze up.  Hit the reset button and everything went back to normal  8)

Ok, I was worried my HD was dying. I have an arrangement with the ebay seller to try it out for a couple weeks and if there's another issue, I'll get a refund. In fact, I have the refund $ sitting in my paypal acct, so if it works fine after a couple recording attempts, I'll just send the $ back -- not a bad position to be in actually.

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #313 on: September 22, 2006, 03:54:09 PM »

i never got caught by any security since 1987...sooo many places to hide  ;D
of course i don´t show them the external mics and they would never find them anyway ;)....don´t think they will CUT my jacket!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 03:56:20 PM by Arni99 »
1st: SONY PCM-M10 + DPA 4060's + DPA MPS 6030 power supply (microdot)
2nd: iPhone 5 + "Rode iXY" microphone/"Zoom IQ5" microphone

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #314 on: September 23, 2006, 03:49:08 PM »
i want to scan for bad sectors on the iriver.  how can i go about doing this?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.103 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com