Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iriver H1xx Tapers FAQ (beta)  (Read 101118 times)

Offline firmdragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
Re: iriver H1xx Tapers FAQ (beta)
« Reply #345 on: October 05, 2006, 12:57:22 AM »
did we ever figure out a way for the iriver to re-calculate how much room is left on it?  i'm getting disk full errors even though it's not.

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #346 on: October 05, 2006, 04:11:58 AM »
did we ever figure out a way for the iriver to re-calculate how much room is left on it?  i'm getting disk full errors even though it's not.

read the FAQs on the 1st site of this thread.
[530] Why is Rockbox saying my drive is full when it really isn't?
 ;)
1st: SONY PCM-M10 + DPA 4060's + DPA MPS 6030 power supply (microdot)
2nd: iPhone 5 + "Rode iXY" microphone/"Zoom IQ5" microphone

Offline kuuan

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #347 on: October 05, 2006, 10:14:07 AM »
If I understand correctly newer builds of Rockbox have mp3 recording added but some may have the problem of some sec. dropped as Petur mentioned.
The build I am running ( from around end of july ) works well but still has WAV recording only.
Which build then has the mp3 recording added but runs problemfree?
Everything you do through out the day, every thought and every feeling leaves an impression stored inside you.
These impressions create tendencies, their sum total is your character.
gear: SP-CMC8+AT853 cards+omnis, AT822>DIY preamp>iRiverH120rockboxed

Offline Ryan Sims

• Taperssection All-Star
  • A vision of a gentle coast
    • Something
« Reply #348 on: October 05, 2006, 11:20:52 AM »
Something recent but before 10/1.
Ryan (minus sign) Sims dot com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryan-sims/

No single raindrop believes it's to blame for the flood.

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #349 on: October 05, 2006, 01:42:14 PM »
If I understand correctly newer builds of Rockbox have mp3 recording added but some may have the problem of some sec. dropped as Petur mentioned.
The build I am running ( from around end of july ) works well but still has WAV recording only.
i recorded the pearl jam concert on september 25th with the september 23rd build without any problems.
arni

Offline cgrooves

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Get On the Bus -Busman Audio
« Reply #350 on: October 05, 2006, 02:07:27 PM »
i recorded the pearl jam concert on september 25th with the september 23rd build without any problems.
arni

Arni - You recorded in mp3 format?

General comment: 
Recording to mp3 format seems like a useless feature for me since I only record live music.  I would use it, perhaps, if I wanted to record a lecture or something.  In a world where music archivist are using 24/96 as almost the 'norm', this seems like a step in the wrong direction.    I'm sure the taping community will love the fact that iRiver users now have the ability to record directly to mp3 and seed those recordings, rather than having to go through the extra effort to convert to the mp3 format from wav  ::) (sarcasm meter on high).
AUDIO:
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-(K1/K2/K3/K4) > Fostex FR-2LE (Busman T Mod) 

Unopen:  AudioReality Omni Mics (Panasonic capsules)> AudioReality Battery Box (depending on SPL's) > iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

VISUAL:
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 85mm/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #351 on: October 05, 2006, 02:44:30 PM »
arni

Arni - You recorded in mp3 format?

General comment: 
Recording to mp3 format seems like a useless feature for me since I only record live music.  I would use it, perhaps, if I wanted to record a lecture or something.  In a world where music archivist are using 24/96 as almost the 'norm', this seems like a step in the wrong direction.    I'm sure the taping community will love the fact that iRiver users now have the ability to record directly to mp3 and seed those recordings, rather than having to go through the extra effort to convert to the mp3 format from wav  ::) (sarcasm meter on high).

nope, i recorded the concert in WAV of course ;), but i did several radio recordings in mp3 format.... all more than 8 hours without any problems with this build from september 23rd 2006.
right now i´m using Mmmmm´s REP-build from the rockboxforum..the one in his signature from september 13, also no problems neither with mp3 nor with wav recordings.
here a pic of the Recording Enhancement Pack´s recording screen:
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1079/iriverrep001ak7.jpg
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 02:50:31 PM by Arni99 »

Offline Happy Hour

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #352 on: October 05, 2006, 04:33:42 PM »
I was testing out the iriver h120 tonight.. just as a had set everything up, I went into the recording menu and was about to go to the recording screen then it frooze.
The display faded and i could get the backlight on by pushing buttons but it didnt happen anything. about 10-15 min later the thing shut off by itself and i was able to boot it up and start recording.
anyone knows what could have happened?

Offline cgrooves

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #353 on: October 05, 2006, 05:48:01 PM »
I was testing out the iriver h120 tonight.. just as a had set everything up, I went into the recording menu and was about to go to the recording screen then it frooze.
The display faded and i could get the backlight on by pushing buttons but it didnt happen anything. about 10-15 min later the thing shut off by itself and i was able to boot it up and start recording.
anyone knows what could have happened?

I'm assuming you are Rockboxed. 
Sounds like a small glitch happened.  I would try a different daily build.  The only glitch I have with the build I'm using is that it will freeze up when FF or RW during playback of large wav files.  It has been reported that this isn't an issue with newer builds (I'm currently using 07.07.06, FWIW).  You should know that if it freezes up on you again, you can just take a paperclip and push in the small reset button on the bottom of the unit.  It should then power back up and work fine.  No need to wait for it to shut down on its own or for it to run out of battery life and shut down.
AUDIO:

Unopen:  AudioReality Omni Mics (Panasonic capsules)> AudioReality Battery Box (depending on SPL's) > iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

VISUAL:
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 85mm/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8

Offline Ryan Sims

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Something
« Reply #354 on: October 05, 2006, 07:27:02 PM »
We need a Part II, don't we?

Offline cgrooves

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #355 on: October 06, 2006, 09:44:29 AM »
We need a Part II, don't we?

IMO, we don't need a part 2.  We need to lock the FAQ thread and start posting all of this stuff in the team thread.
Just my .02
AUDIO:

VISUAL:

Offline Ryan Sims

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Something
« Reply #356 on: October 06, 2006, 11:22:49 AM »
Works for me.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #357 on: October 06, 2006, 12:51:45 PM »
Can't believe I missed it before, but...whataboutbob's FAQ is now in the Archive | Recording Gear forum:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=73130.0

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=73139.0

IMO, we don't need a part 2.  We need to lock the FAQ thread and start posting all of this stuff in the team thread.

Personally, I think it makes more sense to lock it down and start creating individual, discrete threads for each issue / question.  IME, it makes information easier to find later.

Problem with posting in the Team threads is that it's primarily a social section of the board, and if/when we need to purge old data (which we've done a couple times already), we purge the social boards since they typically don't include any historically useful data.  Purging on a thread-by-thread basis is not an option, i.e. trying to keep "useful" threads from the social sections, as it's simply too much effort.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 01:52:40 PM by Brian Skalinder »
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline whatboutbob

• Taperssection Member
  • A very happy chappy right now...
« Reply #358 on: October 06, 2006, 01:21:35 PM »
Can't believe I missed it before, but...whataboutbob's FAQ is now in the Archive | Recording Gear forum:

Personally, I think it makes more sense to lock it down and start creating individual, discrete threads for each issue / question.  IME, it makes information easier to find later.

Problem with posting in the Team threads is that it's primarily a social section of the board, and if/when we need to purge old data (which we've done a couple times already), we purge the social boards since they typically don't include any historically useful data.  Purging on a thread-by-thread basis is not an option, i.e. trying to keep "useful" threads from the social sections, as it's simply too much effort.

Brian, is it possible for me to somehow post the faq to archive or something so that I can update it periodically?

edit: ok...done.  I'm happy to have this thread locked.  If anyone thinks something needs to be added to the faq just mention it in the team thread or PM me.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 01:54:20 PM by whatboutbob »
Mics: Audix m1290's, AT943's (w/ AT853 C/O/H caps), AT853's
Power: PS-2, Homebrew 3wbb, SPSB-6
Pre/AD: UA-5 (BM2p+), CA-9100, AD-20
Recorder: iriver H120, H160

Offline cgrooves

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #359 on: October 06, 2006, 02:23:34 PM »

Brian, is it possible for me to somehow post the faq to archive or something so that I can update it periodically?

edit: ok...done.  I'm happy to have this thread locked.  If anyone thinks something needs to be added to the faq just mention it in the team thread or PM me.

Whatboutbob:

Huge +T's for your effort on the FAQ.  This information has helped many people.
AUDIO:

VISUAL:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.119 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com