Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iriver H1xx Tapers FAQ (beta)  (Read 102641 times)

Offline aberg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Team Canada
Re: iriver H1xx Tapers FAQ (beta)
« Reply #210 on: July 28, 2006, 02:16:05 PM »
Is there any way to take the 60gb HD out of my iPod photo and put that into an iRiver H120 and format it to work properly with rockbox?

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
  • wtb: time
« Reply #211 on: August 01, 2006, 07:54:58 AM »
Is there any way to take the 60gb HD out of my iPod photo and put that into an iRiver H120 and format it to work properly with rockbox?

http://www.misticriver.net/ has lots of info on this topic

Offline jeromejello

• Team Florida - always brings the heat
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • surly tapir
« Reply #212 on: August 01, 2006, 03:09:27 PM »
just wondering which daily build you all are running for optical support... i know after 5/9-ish the support was there, but i was looking for something known to be field stable between now and then...

i ask b/c it seems since the freeze was lifted there has been a lot of daily build activity and while i am sure it is most all for the good, as tapirs we have specific needs.

thanks in advance
open: mbho 603a (ka200n/ka500hn) > SD MP-2 > PCM-M10
stealth: AT853a (o/sc/c/h) > SD MP-2 > ihp120
misc: Earthworks SR77 | Shure VP88

bt & dime

Offline cgrooves

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Get On the Bus -Busman Audio
« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2006, 03:34:28 PM »
just wondering which daily build you all are running for optical support... i know after 5/9-ish the support was there, but i was looking for something known to be field stable between now and then...

i ask b/c it seems since the freeze was lifted there has been a lot of daily build activity and while i am sure it is most all for the good, as tapirs we have specific needs.

thanks in advance

I have not had any problems (line-in or digi-in) using the 07.07.06 daily build.
AUDIO:
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-(K1/K2/K3/K4) > Fostex FR-2LE (Busman T Mod) 

Unopen:  AudioReality Omni Mics (Panasonic capsules)> AudioReality Battery Box (depending on SPL's) > iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

VISUAL:
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 85mm/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8

Offline jeromejello

• Team Florida - always brings the heat
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • surly tapir
« Reply #214 on: August 01, 2006, 03:51:41 PM »

thanks in advance

I have not had any problems (line-in or digi-in) using the 07.07.06 daily build.

thanks +t
open: mbho 603a (ka200n/ka500hn) > SD MP-2 > PCM-M10
stealth: AT853a (o/sc/c/h) > SD MP-2 > ihp120
misc: Earthworks SR77 | Shure VP88

bt & dime

Offline hyperplane

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #215 on: August 04, 2006, 12:03:26 AM »
A friend just pointed out to me that the iSkin for the iriver units is on sale again. It's $5.99 + shipping for an iskin case, so for anyone who wants an iskin, it looks like the iron is hot so strike it while you can.

http://www.iskin.com/store/I2shop_irvr1XX.tpl

Offline poppag76

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #216 on: August 05, 2006, 01:22:43 PM »
Ok, I just got my iriver h120 and started to install the rockbox and discovered that I don't have a ROOT directory on my iriver.  Do I need to merely create a ROOT folder?  Am I missing a step?  Did I not install something on the iriver?
Berliner CM33->USBPre2->HD-P2(busman modded)

Offline cgrooves

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #217 on: August 05, 2006, 01:59:16 PM »
It will not be named 'root'.  If your computer recognizes the h120 as drive 'g', for example, just drop the files into that drive.  That is the root directory (i.e. don't put rockbox into a subfolder).
AUDIO:

Unopen:  AudioReality Omni Mics (Panasonic capsules)> AudioReality Battery Box (depending on SPL's) > iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

VISUAL:
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 85mm/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8

Offline poppag76

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2006, 03:21:46 PM »
Thanks for the tip.  Now I have a new problem.  I was messing around with the recording and now my screen and buttons are frozen.  How do I turn this thing off with all the buttons frozen?

EDIT:  Nevermind, apparently if it freezes, if you leave it alone for long enough it shuts down on its own.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 04:20:00 PM by poppag76 »

Offline divamum

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2006, 04:18:15 PM »
Thanks for the tip.  Now I have a new problem.  I was messing around with the recording and now my screen and buttons are frozen.  How do I turn this thing off with all the buttons frozen?

On the bottom of the unit (you may have to remove any case to see it) is a small hole labelled "reset". Take a BLUNT small object (eg a paperclip or  pen tip) press and hold until unit reboots. It will reset the unit.

Disclaimer:   I've personally never lost any data when I've done a hard reset like that, although I suppose it's possible...
DPA4060
R09

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
  • wtb: time
« Reply #220 on: August 07, 2006, 03:36:32 AM »

EDIT:  Nevermind, apparently if it freezes, if you leave it alone for long enough it shuts down on its own.

It would help a lot if you could tell what you did to make the iriver freeze. So we can fix the bug ;)

Are you surte it wasn't temporarily (20-30 sec) unresponsive because it was flushing to disk?

Offline poppag76

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #221 on: August 07, 2006, 10:59:47 AM »
Ok, so I was listening to a show I transferred from my JB3 this morning and this thing froze again.  I was trying to do the volume and touched the center button and the whole thing froze up.  I was in play mode, moved the center button and it froze.  Any ideas?

Offline kuuan

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #222 on: August 07, 2006, 11:34:35 AM »
Questions abt. recording source setting with Rockbox:

if selected 'mic' it is the internal mic only, yes?
if using an external mic I must select 'line', As I then can select the gain it means that the internal preamp is activated, yes?
if so, is there any way to bypass the built in preamp altogether using line-in ( or is this just a stupid question )

( I got confused because I have been using an iriver iFP-799 before, and there 'line-in' meant no gain, and mic-in meant external mic with selectable gain )
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 11:37:08 AM by kuuan »
Everything you do through out the day, every thought and every feeling leaves an impression stored inside you.
These impressions create tendencies, their sum total is your character.
gear: SP-CMC8+AT853 cards+omnis, AT822>DIY preamp>iRiverH120rockboxed

Offline cgrooves

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #223 on: August 07, 2006, 12:30:21 PM »
Questions abt. recording source setting with Rockbox:

if selected 'mic' it is the internal mic only, yes?
if using an external mic I must select 'line', As I then can select the gain it means that the internal preamp is activated, yes?
if so, is there any way to bypass the built in preamp altogether using line-in ( or is this just a stupid question )

( I got confused because I have been using an iriver iFP-799 before, and there 'line-in' meant no gain, and mic-in meant external mic with selectable gain )

Yes.  Mic-In means internal mic only.

Line-In enables the use of an external mic, but also enables the preamp.  If you have the gain setting on 0dB, I would assume that the preamp is bypassed altogether.  That is the only way I know of to 'bypass' the preamp via line-in.
AUDIO:

VISUAL:

Offline cgrooves

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #224 on: August 07, 2006, 12:31:36 PM »
Ok, so I was listening to a show I transferred from my JB3 this morning and this thing froze again.  I was trying to do the volume and touched the center button and the whole thing froze up.  I was in play mode, moved the center button and it froze.  Any ideas?

Haven't ever had that problem.  Maybe try a different daily build.  I'm still using 07.07.06 without any problems, FWIW.
AUDIO:

VISUAL:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.111 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com