Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mr2 problems, new recorder  (Read 1810 times)

Offline weroflu

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
mr2 problems, new recorder
« on: July 17, 2023, 11:06:20 AM »
putting a used mr2 through some paces:

internal mics worked well for a while, maybe some distortion now. unimportant

mic in jack gets touchy and causes some clicking and pulsing on right channel after signal is plugged in. sometimes it calms down, sometimes intermittent.

line in, signal looked fine from metering but on playback distortion everywhere on top of a clean signal.

using a homespun preamp which i thought initially was the problem but just tested it with a different adc and signal is good.

so should i chuck the mr2 or try to figure out what's going on. there's something nice about the sound when it works.

need a reliable recorder though. considering used pcm-d100 due to its 5v plugin bias for use with 4063's. looking at sx-m2d2 as well, might be overkill.

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: mr2 problems, new recorder
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023, 12:45:27 PM »

I have an MR1 and for a "future proof" recorder it's probably on it's way out. It works and it sounds great (I'm using it for low pro tonight) but these machines are getting a little long in the tooth. I had to hack a battery solution onto it to get it to work at all.

These recorders sound great but it's time to move on to something else if you are having that many problems from it.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com