Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio MicroTrack 2496 - *actual* real-life experiences thread  (Read 98583 times)

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
Re: M-Audio MicroTrack 2496 - *actual* real-life experiences thread
« Reply #165 on: September 21, 2005, 12:50:10 PM »
Alright, so mine is currently charging, and the battery light is flickering, not rising and falling, just quickly blinking.

Anyone know if this is normal?

Mine did this too.  I'm not sure what the hell it means.  The latest cycle I didn't have that response, no idea if it's a feature or a sign of battery/firmware problems.

Jeff

Offline rdvdijk

• Taperssection Regular
    • Rust Radio
« Reply #166 on: September 21, 2005, 01:43:58 PM »
Jeff,

The latest cycle I didn't have that response, no idea if it's a feature or a sign of battery/firmware problems.

How many times have you charged your MT so far? Do you feel the battery-life is getting any better?

Roel
"Obviously Doing Well.."

Offline WiFiJeff

• Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2005, 02:15:19 PM »
Jeff,

The latest cycle I didn't have that response, no idea if it's a feature or a sign of battery/firmware problems.

How many times have you charged your MT so far? Do you feel the battery-life is getting any better?

Roel

Five or six times.  No improvement.  This latest cycle may turn out even worse than three hours, though the meter goes down fast and then keeps cranking out at 1/3 level reading for a while longer than I expect.  I charged it overnight and then some, but did not get a "charging complete" message, and am worried that in spite of near paranoid worrying I have screwed up the battery somehow.  If others start getting better hours I'll have to see if my battery is bad and can be replaced.

Jeff

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2005, 02:30:22 PM »
If others start getting better hours I'll have to see if my battery is bad and can be replaced.

Brings up an interesting thing I found on their website. 90 day warranty on the battery and $75 per replacement.

http://www.m-audio.com/images/en/warranty/MT_Warranty.pdf

Offline WiFiJeff

• Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2005, 04:10:17 PM »
Jeff,

Roel

Five or six times.  No improvement.  This latest cycle may turn out even worse than three hours, though the meter goes down fast and then keeps cranking out at 1/3 level reading for a while longer than I expect.  I charged it overnight and then some, but did not get a "charging complete" message, and am worried that in spite of near paranoid worrying I have screwed up the battery somehow.  If others start getting better hours I'll have to see if my battery is bad and can be replaced.

Jeff

In fact it ran 3 hours again.  No change at all, plus or minus.

Jeff

Offline jhirte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • At ease atleast yeah.
« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2005, 04:17:29 PM »
Hey Jeff,  your running digi in, no monitoring and no backlight correct? Can you test w/backlight and and another with 1/8" mic in? Just wondering how long to expect it to run w/light on (probably what I'd do) and then the mic in for stealth use...

Offline rdvdijk

• Taperssection Regular
    • Rust Radio
« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2005, 04:46:39 PM »

In fact it ran 3 hours again.  No change at all, plus or minus.

Hm.. let's "hope" for a busted battery. :-\

Any chance you can post a "noise floor" measurement? That is, a WAV file of recorded silence, nothing plugged in, maybe try the three levels H/M/L and possibly check if the backlight has any influence on the noise floor?

Thanks for all the cool info so far, it's all very much appreciated! :coolguy:

Roel
"Obviously Doing Well.."

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2005, 05:01:06 PM »
Well UPS says my MicroTrack will be in by 10am. tomorrow.  I'll charge it during work and run tests as soon as I get home.

I plan on hooking up the V3 and seeing what kind of digi signals I can send it and what works.  Any other requests for testing?
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline WiFiJeff

• Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2005, 05:12:24 PM »
Hey Jeff,  your running digi in, no monitoring and no backlight correct? Can you test w/backlight and and another with 1/8" mic in? Just wondering how long to expect it to run w/light on (probably what I'd do) and then the mic in for stealth use...

I'm running line-in (though I tested that 16/44.1 digi-in worked this morning, since 24/96 digi-in was locking up my machine), the 30-second default backlight (so mostly always off) and no input monitoring.  I intend to try this same set-up with a USB AA alkaline battery pack tomorrow, then I'll try AT mics into the 1/8" jack.  Things should become clearer late in the week with more people testing different variations.  I probably won't do any concert taping until the firmware fixes are available, since I need reliability.

Jeff

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2005, 05:24:28 PM »
Welp, mine has been on the charger for just under 3 hours.. After a while the slow waves across the charging indicator started going faster.  I just glanced at it and noticed the display had changed.  Charged?!  Maybe not. It said "no media found".  WTF?

It is supposed to say "charging complete" or something.  So I slid a card in (never unplugging) and it said booting (again) and still seems to be charging. Though the charging indicator is now going slow again...

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2005, 05:49:00 PM »
Well UPS says my MicroTrack will be in by 10am. tomorrow.  I'll charge it during work and run tests as soon as I get home.

I plan on hooking up the V3 and seeing what kind of digi signals I can send it and what works.  Any other requests for testing?
Yes!!
Please test all SPDIF input bit rates 16/24bit, 441,48,96k.
That is the most important!!
Im not so concerned about battery life since i will be buying the USB battery pack anway

and maybe another picture or 2 of it next to the v3 for size comp
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2005, 05:50:05 PM »
I got mine this morning at my office, plugged it in at about 10am EST.  As of 5pm EST still charging.  I have NOT gotten the "charging complete" display.
I called m-audio they said wait until it says "charging complete", and don't unplug it until then.
So.....I had to leave it at work, since I didn't want to wait until it says its done.

Oh well, no playing tonight.
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline wboswell

• Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2005, 09:43:49 PM »

Yes!!
Please test all SPDIF input bit rates 16/24bit, 441,48,96k.
That is the most important!!
Im not so concerned about battery life since i will be buying the USB battery pack anway

and maybe another picture or 2 of it next to the v3 for size comp

yes. def.  Maybe your unit will be different than Jeff's!!!

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2005, 09:46:39 PM »
 :lol: :birthday: :lol:
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

Offline drewcatc

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2005, 10:17:37 PM »
I just dropped Chris a pm to confirm whether a Sound Pro bat box can be plugged into the 1/8" input with the mics we commonly use (whether cmc4 or 4061, etc)..   It should work okay but it would be nice to know if that application will require 1/4 adapts..

If you are going to record loud sounds, you need to plug the battery modules into the line input. You will need an adapter:

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-PHON-MINI-1

Chris

does the MT not accept line in on the 1/8th input?  like a DAT does?

Drew

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.121 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com