Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help me out w/ JB3 transfers  (Read 8886 times)

Offline momule

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Help me out w/ JB3 transfers
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2005, 02:41:32 PM »
Just FYI I posted this along time ago in the Jb3 thread.

I have 3 of these currently Installed In my machines and have two friends running them aswell . Easiest piece of hardware I have ever installed ,WD got there shit together when they put this card together and ya can't hardly beat the price.. I like having a card from someone that has been in the game for awhile and would prolly have decent/Non buggy drivers ... sure enough..

you can find them on ebay for under $10 shipped..
http://cgi.ebay.com/WESTERN-DIGITAL-2-Port-1394-FIREWIRE-PCI-CARD-for-PC_W0QQitemZ5794003318QQcategoryZ64458QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

Offline TeamJa

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Lines + Circles
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2005, 07:36:37 PM »
it was only 25 bones, but when you're living in rural montanta, money is pretty hard to come up on...but great tapes are easy to come up on!

;)
ADK SC-T > Hydra silver cables > Tascam DR-680 mkii

Offline 1st set only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • you are what you is
    • Don Poulsen Illustration and Graphic Design
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2005, 12:44:34 PM »
i didnt read this to see if this got resolved but i have had this problem before.

here is a solution that works for me.

transfer only one file at a time. i only have problems when itransfer both sets.
the show is over go home please.

Offline Benny

• Etree
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2005, 05:57:26 PM »
I tried searching the FAQ's but didn't see anything that was quite in line with my problem:

I am trying to do a transfer to my PC from my second JB3 but the PlayCenter (v. 3.02.50) is not recognizing it. I have tried to connect it via firewire and USB to no avail. The little Windows bubble pops up that it found new hardware though...

The firmware version on the JB3 is 1.40.06p and I have tried multiple firewire cables as well. My first JB3 has version 1.32.02p on it and I have never had any problem transfering from it.

I downloaded the Nomad Explorer to my computer so I could dump the JB3 and install another firmware version, but it is not recognized through that application either. I would rather avoid installing the newer version without backing up my recordings first (there's a Phil show from Red Rocks a couple weeks ago running split omni's that sounds great!!). Any suggestions? Master Bean, you out there?  ;)

Thanks in advance
CO Crüe - A drinkin' team with a tapin' problem

Offline MarkF

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2005, 05:04:35 PM »
Benny,

I am using XP pro with 4 user accounts on it.  It seems that if I plug the JB3 in with the firewire when there is more than 1 user logged in, the Creative playcenter starts on all the accounts/users, but the files only show up on one.  I have to switch to each of the logged on users and see which one shows the files.  If I am the only one logged in, it starts up just fine.

Does any one know how to keep the playcenter from starting up on all logged in accounts on XP pro.  I am the only one that uses it.  There is need for it to be on my 6 year olds and wifes account.
open: SP C-4 > Bumblebee MiAGi-II Silver Cables > UA5 (T+ mod)> H120/JB3

not so open: Church Audio Cardoid mics > ST-9100 preamp > H120

Offline Benny

• Etree
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2005, 07:44:36 PM »
Hey Mark- Thanks for the reply. I am the only user on the PC (I don't even think there's another ID registered...).  Another funny little twist, this JB3 used to transfer fine and then one day I ran into this damn problem  ??? >:(
CO Crüe - A drinkin' team with a tapin' problem

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com