Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: microtrack II questions about analog recordings  (Read 1697 times)

Offline nomad666

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
microtrack II questions about analog recordings
« on: October 09, 2009, 04:25:55 PM »
I just bought this recorder a couple of hours ago and plan on using it tonight.  90% of the time I will be using it will be strictly as a recording fed a coax signal from my mini me, but tonight I plan on using it analog with dpa 4061 mics. 

I bought it because the store down the street sold it and I don't want to attempt to stealth my beat up nomad which has been begging to be retired.  It doesn't appear you can switch from mic/line with the 1/8th connection is that true?

Should i be using the limiter when taping a loud show?  other then these questions it seems pretty simple and straight forward.

Offline nomad666

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: microtrack II questions about analog recordings
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 04:30:26 PM »
oh I also found my -11db attenuator cable maybe I should just use that instead of the limiter?  sorry for last minute questions i'm out of touch and just at the last minute decided to tape

Offline taperwheeler

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 08:35:30 PM »
I've run my mt2 analog via 1/8 via mics>batt box and the 1/4 with my mics> church pre. The self gain on the mt2 is very noisy past about 1/3, 1/4 of it's amplification.  I would highly suggest running a small pre via the 1/4.  You are correct that the 1/8 input is mic only.  You may have some luck with sensitive mics via the 1/8 avoiding a lot of gain on the recorder.
Mics: SP-CMC-8 AT933 Body 4.7K mod AT853 (c, sc) U853 (h) Microline Shotguns
Pres: CA 9100, SP-Preamp
Recorders: MT2 , Tascam DR-07, PCM-M10, PCM A10

nathan_g

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 04:43:08 AM »
Don't use the limiter. I run at943's > battery box > mic in...they're pretty sensitive little mics so I have never had to use more than about 10-15% of the MT2's gain...even recording quiet/acoustic stuff. I love my MT2  ;D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.118 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com