Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SD 788T Corrupt File Help  (Read 1709 times)

Offline microburst

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • formerly "mcroberts"
SD 788T Corrupt File Help
« on: October 09, 2020, 10:38:35 PM »
My last file from a recording tonight is corrupt and won't copy to the CF card when doing File -> Copy Files -> Flagged INHDD -> CF .  The file has 1.5GB or so of data (4 tracks) and plays fine on the deck itself, just wont copy because the 788 says it's corrupt.  Is there a way to get this file off the deck so I can fix the header and merge it with the rest of the set?

Thanks!

Offline old and in the way

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: SD 788T Corrupt File Help
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 05:40:07 AM »
Have you tried transferring it directly from the deck via fire wire . iv'e never done it that way but it can be done . Try reformatting the card and try a different card as well .

jcable77

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 07:07:14 AM »
I was able to repair/recover a file with VLC media player once. Its pretty basic, but maybe give it a shot.
http://www.dongdancer.com/2013/08/06/fixing-corrupted-audio-files-vlc/

Offline microburst

• Taperssection All-Star
  • formerly "mcroberts"
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 07:45:03 AM »
Tried that last night as well, no dice.

I did solve the problem this morning.

Ran Scandisk on the 788T HDD when mounted to laptop. This allowed me to copy the file to laptop.  Then the file played on the laptop on some programs but wouldn't loud to Soundforge (didn't think it was a WAV). Loaded the poly file to Audacity and exported the 4 tracks out as mono files which gave me new headers and I'm good to go

Offline GroundHog420

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Sonic Archives
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 12:45:44 AM »
If you're using a PC, have you tried Traders' Little Helper? That has proven itself pretty useful in repairing headers, and you *might* not have to sacrifice the stereo aspect of the files.

Tried that last night as well, no dice.

I did solve the problem this morning.

Ran Scandisk on the 788T HDD when mounted to laptop. This allowed me to copy the file to laptop.  Then the file played on the laptop on some programs but wouldn't loud to Soundforge (didn't think it was a WAV). Loaded the poly file to Audacity and exported the 4 tracks out as mono files which gave me new headers and I'm good to go
Hey man, that common sense shit won't fly around here, we're from Portland, we're edgy & different or something  ???
she kept playing with the balls for around 2 years after i thought i had seen it all from them.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com