Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: V3 + UA-5 --> laptop (four channel needed)  (Read 5095 times)

Offline live2496

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Gidluck Mastering
Re: V3 + UA-5 --> laptop (four channel needed)
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 07:54:28 AM »
It seems like there is a need in the market for some type of multiple SPDIF to firewire device. That way people with two or more converters could get the audio recorded into a mac or windows laptop via firewire.

The MOTU Traveler might be able to do this. If the AES and SPDIF inputs are both independent and can be active at the same time.

I am thinking more in terms of a utility box with two SPDIF's (or more), firewire, and a driver for OSX and windows that captures the audio.
AEA R88MKII > SPL Crimson 3 > Tascam DA-3000

Offline krsb

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »
Agreed.

In the end I am trying to make a setup with a Macbook,  Motu Ultralite (found recently in ys) a Hosa OLd 276A (in ys too!) and then my Busman Mod UA-5 and my V3 (maybe using the analog out and then running the optical out into my D50) and then if I can get a board signal, running that into the Ultralite

Of course, I'll need to find me a sonic-sherpa to carry all this.... :D

cb

It seems like there is a need in the market for some type of multiple SPDIF to firewire device. That way people with two or more converters could get the audio recorded into a mac or windows laptop via firewire.

The MOTU Traveler might be able to do this. If the AES and SPDIF inputs are both independent and can be active at the same time.

I am thinking more in terms of a utility box with two SPDIF's (or more), firewire, and a driver for OSX and windows that captures the audio.
Busman BCS1, Busman BSCS-L, DPA 4023, Neumann KM 184, KM 183
Lunatec V3, Naiant Midbox
Oade ACM Marantz PMD 661, Sony D50, Tascam DR680
+ lotsa darktrain cables :-)

Offline cybergaloot

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Poohbah!
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 02:47:55 PM »
The R-44 is awful sweet!  Much better than hauling a laptop around with all the outboard gear. Find a low price then call Fullcompass and see if they will beat it. I got mine for $738.
--
Walter

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. Will Rogers

this>that>the other

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com