Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol UA-1EX  (Read 1998 times)

Offline todayforever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Edirol UA-1EX
« on: July 28, 2011, 05:21:12 AM »
I've posted this question to Roland/Edirol, but maybe someone here can help too. I am using this unit to transfer some 32Khz long play DATs to computer, having exhausted every other budget opion, none of which will accept 32khz audio (DDS drive is not an option). Signal path is DAT deck>SPDIF>UA-1EX (set to 32khz)>Amadeus pro on a Mac Book Pro (also set to 32khz).

My question is: does the UA-1EX resample the audio internally to 48khz at any point? I can’t seem to find a definitive answer to this online and I am concerned that, if it is upsampling, it is then having to downsample back to 32khz before passing into Amadeus. If this is the case, am I better off capturing in Amadeus at 48khz so as to avoid one of the resampling steps at least?

I notice that both the UA-1EX and my software will allow me to change settings from 32khz and still capture the audio with no audible slowing/speeding up, which suggests to me that something is resampling on the fly. However, if I ensure that the UA-1EX and my capture software are all set to 32khz, will any resampling take place, or will the signal stay at 32khz from DAT through UA-1EX to hardrive (i.e. a 'bit perfect' copy)?

Apologies for the convoluted nature of the question, hope it makes sense!

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Edirol UA-1EX
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 10:11:24 AM »
I believe it does resample.  And I am pretty sure this has been discussed in a thread somewhere on this forum.
Occasionally....music mics record

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com