Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Newbie Has Recorded Shows on MD.....NOW WHAT?!? Please Help! ;-)  (Read 1792 times)

Offline tomluvsgiants

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Newbie Has Recorded Shows on MD.....NOW WHAT?!? Please Help! ;-)
« on: November 15, 2004, 04:54:18 AM »
Greetings Friends,

A while ago I 'inherited' a SONY MD MZ-N707 (the blue one) from a friend as it was agreed upon that I would have the best opportunity to actually record some live concerts and get some use out of the player which hadn't seen any. My first reaction was LUCKY ME!! But now as I am nearly bald from pulling out my hair whilst trying to figure this thing out I'm beginning to have some doubts.

I recorded two entire concerts recently and have played the MD back through attached headphones and am somewhat pleased with the results. HOW DO I GET THIS CONVERTED TO A WAVE file or some other method of making a CDR of my recording??

A friend said to get "Pro Tools" but I am running Windows XP-Home and Pro-tools will not work with my set-up, I guess. So I searched around for a while and have downloaded both Net MD & Sonic Stage which I believe should be able to help me move my recordings from MD to WAVE(??). Now I've got the MD player hooked up to my Compaq via the headphone jack (per my friends instruction) and while I can now play the MD through the speakers of my computer system, I can't use the software because Sonic Stage refuses to recognize the MD player as being attached.

Could someone please let me know if I am doing this wrong? Am I barking up the wrong tree with Sonic Stage alltogether? Am I kidding myself thinking that I'll be able to use this MD MZ-N707 for anything other than recording stealth concerts on MD that ONLY I will be able to enjoy......can I really not create WAVs??

Thanks so much for any and all help.....there's nothing more I'd like to do than record some of the concerts I'm lucky enough to see and share my results with good folks like yourselves.

tXb
Step One: Steal Election       Step Two: Steal Everything Else

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing, those who count the votes decide everything." - Joseph Stalin

www.crisispapers.org            www.whatreallyhappened.com

Offline Roamer

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Newbie Has Recorded Shows on MD.....NOW WHAT?!? Please Help! ;-)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 07:01:10 AM »
You can only upload to your PC and convert to wav with the new HiMD units. With a standard MD (like yours), the best option is to have a deck that let's you transfer the output digitally. If you don't have access to such a deck, the other option is to record it (analog) on your PC will you play (Audacity, Sound Forge or other tools should let do it).

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 08:11:28 AM »
Great resource at minidisc.org

T

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

hapnin

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 01:17:41 PM »
if you have the MD connected to PC by headphone jack into your PC's 'audio in' jack you have to tell your software to select the 'audio in' jack for recording.  when you connect to 'audio-in', there is only the audio signal coming in, not any information that would allow the MD player to be detected by the software. 

Offline bagtagsell

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Man is condemned to be free- Sartre
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 01:10:48 AM »
I did this for a while.  Headphones>line in jack.  Watch your levels.  Our else you can clip again (this first oppurtiunity to clip is during the actual recording).  Doing this you have lost a generation, and it takes a long time (the length of the show) to do it.  GO to ebay and find a home deck with digi out (as suggested earlier), or just buy a JB3 (fluff, fluff, fluff)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4786&item=5733386232&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4786&item=5734940907&rd=1
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 01:26:39 AM by bagtagsell »
MG200/210>m148>v3>MT2496

*aspiring gear slut of the month year*
"I am the gear slut goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob"

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com