Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Matching up audio sources  (Read 2237 times)

Offline super-phat-al

• Vulture Shit, heard of it?
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I am a real American
Matching up audio sources
« on: August 07, 2005, 04:17:08 AM »
im currently working on a dvd of my band and im trying to match the audio from the 8mm digital tape with the audio from the SBD.  The audio from the SBD was recorded to my laptop.  I can't get them to match up to save my life.  Since ill also have to match the video with this audio source going by song is going to be a pain in the ass.  Is there anything else i can do?  This is going to be ridiculous trying to match these up.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 02:23:33 PM by super-phat-al »

Offline Karl

• Taperssection Member
Re: Matching up audio sources
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 06:19:49 PM »
More than likely the two sources were recorded at *slightly* different speeds.  If you sync up one song at a time (assuming they're about three minutes long) you might be able to get it to work just fine.
My portable rig:

AT853>Zoom F6

Offline Chad817

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 06:25:41 PM »
fwiw, when I've done this, I usually extract the cam audio to one big .wav file, and track out the seperate audio that I plan to use.  I then use cool edit/adobe audition In multitrack to mix in song by song.  When everything is matched up I just mute the camera audio and mix down to one file to dub back into the video.
studio projects c4 > edirol ua-5 [digi mod] > Microtrack II

laying around: sp cmc-4, power supply and jb3

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 07:48:44 PM »
you can stretch or resample correctively.  Search around for the discussions on multitrack mixing and matrix - you'll find descriptions for both methods.  Cutting sucks and is *always* drifting around.
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Ray76

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 07:57:43 PM »
im currently working on a dvd of my band and im trying to match the audio from the 8mm digital tape with the audio from the SBD.  The audio from the SBD was recorded to my laptop.  I can't get them to match up to save my life.  Since ill also have to match the video with this audio source going by song is going to be a pain in the ass.  Is there anything else i can do?  This is going to be ridiculous trying to match these up.

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=3548.0

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 08:02:30 PM »
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Ray76

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2005, 08:10:36 PM »
ah david, the matrix guru. !

i still use that spread sheet!

good stuff!

+T

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com