Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Entry Level Mixing Of Live Shows Software Question  (Read 2035 times)

Offline tomac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Entry Level Mixing Of Live Shows Software Question
« on: May 27, 2007, 04:27:56 PM »

Can someone offer some suggestion on software I should consider for cleaning up some live tapings I have been doing on my edirol r-09.  I am running a latest generation Imac.  I have been playing with the demo version of Sound Studio so far but I seem unable to figure it out with no tech support.  Just want something simple and cheap, I will never be recording my own music, just adjusting live tapings.  Thanks in advance for your help...

Offline Banksy

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Entry Level Mixing Of Live Shows Software Question
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 11:27:58 AM »
I've a similar need to Tomac!

Just done my first recording on an R09, with some Church Audio cards : not sure how to burn it to CD!!

I, too, need some simple software to insert track breaks, 'tweak' the sound & burn it to CD (in real time so I can adjust the sound as I go along?)

I can't even transfer the recording via 'Real Player' etc as the file is too big to burn to a CD.

Can you guys point us in the direction of some basic software (ideally downloading for free?)!!!

Thanks

Banksy

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 11:40:54 AM »
For basic editing it's difficult to beat Audacity. Available for Windows/Mac/Linux from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

If you have a windows box, the easiest way to add track markers is with CD Wave http://www.milosoftware.com/cdwave/ 
Not sure of something so easy for Macs or Linux.

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 01:53:48 AM »
I have had some serious problems with phasing distortions and channel flipping with Audacity 1.3b.  So I am back using an old copy of CoolEdit which is super to use.  I would use Audacity for a one-step process like compression ( 2:1) for material I might torrent.  Usually I do not compress torrents, but when I do I use Audacity because it is free and a downloader can undo the compression if he cares to.  YMMV    8)
Nov schmoz kapop.

Roving Sign

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 08:37:01 PM »
I would use Audacity for a one-step process like compression ( 2:1) for material I might torrent.  Usually I do not compress torrents, but when I do I use Audacity because it is free and a downloader can undo the compression if he cares to.  YMMV    8)

I dont think that is possible...(undoing compression) - unless you are torrenting the Audacity project files...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com