Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Corgan's Solo Show in Chicago at The Metro  (Read 6159 times)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Corgan's Solo Show in Chicago at The Metro
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2004, 08:03:11 AM »
They can wait for me outside if they want.  I'm not going to rape it.

Oh, well...since you've given your word anonymously on an internet message board, I'd feel much more secure lending out thousands of dollars of recording gear.  ::)

Honestly, I'm sure you're a fine fellow.  But even with the best of intentions, things can go wrong: dropped mic capsule, preamp, or DAT deck, over-zealous security guy grabbing/confiscating the gear, drink spilled on gear, etc.  I'd much rather deal with a situation like that with a known-entity than a complete stranger.  (And if I'm going to give you the gear before the show and stand around outside and pick it up immediately after, I'll just go to the show instead.)

I'm not trying coming across as a wanker, just trying to inject a taper's perspective into the discussion.  At any rate, good luck!
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline Intrepide1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2004, 09:50:36 AM »
Hey, I understand that, and there is obvious reason for concern, but I'm looking for whatever someone is willing to lend me.  Obviously we'd have to meet and I'm totally willing to front some money just in case something happens and I'll drop ID too; not for id purposes, more collateral and insurance that I'm not going to steal the rig.
Really, even a jb3 and a fairly nice mic and preamp will do it.  I couldn't be picky even if I wanted to be.  If anyone is willing to help in the area, I'll email my number and we can talk.

In response to previous posts: There are tickets on ebay.      feel_the_funny is right on about Virgin and the Pumpkins.

Offline Intrepide1

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2004, 02:22:55 AM »
Is there really nobody willing to help me out with this?  It's friggin Billy Corgan!  I figured I should do it right if I was going to do it at all, and, if nobody is borrowing me equipment, I'm going to be stuck with crap.

Offline Chapper

• Taperssection Member
  • Do the chickens have large talons?
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2004, 02:51:56 AM »
Sounds like getting Scuba Jeremy a ticket is your best bet....I agree with Skalinder, noone is going to loan a stranger gear.  
Good luck, would be a cool show to have on tape.
..Just be glad you live in America,
Relax and be yourself,
Because if you didn't live here in America,
You'd proabably live somewhere else.."
David Lowery

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2004, 08:53:19 AM »
Is there really nobody willing to help me out with this?  It's friggin Billy Corgan!  I figured I should do it right if I was going to do it at all, and, if nobody is borrowing me equipment, I'm going to be stuck with crap.

Scuba Jeremy has offered to help you out (guess you're a nobody, Jeremy).  I assume buying a taper a ticket isn't your ideal scenario (and that simply borrowing the gear is), but as the old saying goes: beggars can't be choosers.

Personally, I don't care if it's Jimi Hendrix, I wouldn't lend out my gear to a complete stranger.  Welllll...maybe for Jimi, but certainly not friggin' Billy Corgan! :P  At any rate, the question is moot for me as I live in Cleveland.  Though you may still receive a response from someone locally if you don't continue to come across as so ungrateful.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2004, 09:13:27 AM »
www.sonicsense.com

will rent gear, they dont really care who you are, they just get a deposit. do you know how to run the gear?
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline Intrepide1

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2004, 09:23:46 AM »
I would be extremely grateful and would even give the lender the original tape.  Right now there is nobody to be grateful for as nobody has offered equipment.  Paying $150 or so for a taper to do it certainly isn't ideal.  Even more, I don't think anyone is going to get by security with a DAT, preamp, and mics.  Beyond the fact that he hasn't even finished recording his album, he is videotaping this show for use on a DVD.  So, I'm sure recording will be a no.  Of course, A jb3 and well hidden mic/s can get by.  There is security in money and id.  Please, if you are willing to help with this, contact me.

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2004, 09:33:30 AM »
if i loaned out my gear, i'd expect the cost of it to be paid to me while you are using it.  my stealth mics were cheap, only $120 and my nomad was around $275 when i bought it plus another $35 for a battery.

I have a much more important (to me anyway) taping endeavor on the 18th to go to, so i can't mail out my equipment.  however, if you drove 4 hours to lansing and gave me $450 to use it for the night and returned it by 4/20 (going taping that night as well), i'd happily let you borrow my gear.  I'd give you back your money when i was sure there was nothing wrong with my gear.

hows that?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 09:34:31 AM by SpeshulEd »

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2004, 11:06:43 AM »
Even more, I don't think anyone is going to get by security with a DAT, preamp, and mics.

cause that never happens, even with good security  ::)

Offline Styx Cover Band

• Taperssection Member
  • AKG C1000s>AT CP8201>JB3
    • Bills Trading List
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2004, 01:05:44 PM »
If I had a stealth rig I'd offer to tape (i was huge pumpkins fan in high school) but get Scuba a ticket. He is a great guy met him at Jason mraz at NIU 11/18 (i think thats the date)
-Bill
When you start a cover band who says Styx?

They say ostrich has less fat, but you eat more of it

Offline Scuba Jeremy

• Taperssection Member
  • "Ugh, is that digi noise?"
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2004, 04:13:58 PM »
Hell, I'll pay for my own ticket if someone can show me a face value. I'm not really looking to pay any more than than the $40 face.

Or if someone has my miracle... ;)

Yeah, it was the 18th Bill - great show! Nice meeting you too. :)

Offline brandont_h

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2004, 06:55:56 PM »
intrepide1. . .  You're slightly incorrect about the Zwan taping policy.  It was well known right from the very first ever Zwan show (before ANY recording had taken place, and before most of the songs on MSOTS were written) that taping was allowed.  There were often problems with mic stands because stuff like that is so venue dependent.  

I'm a ten year Pumpkins fan, and I liked Zwan too, but I'm starting to think Billy's gone a bit nuts, so I have no idea if his solo taping policy will be the same as Zwan's.  He's never had a big problem with "not-for-profit" taping and trading in the past (even in the Pumpkins, as Choobie pointed out), but then again, he used to have total contempt for the church, and now he's preaching the gospel, so who knows?

That said, I echo the sentiments of others in this thread who have scoffed at the idea of lending expensive gear to random strangers.  I have a pretty good feeling that this show will be taped, but if you have any means to get ahold of gear, or a taper. . . it couldn't hurt.
AKG C1000S > Edirol UA-5 > Sony TCD-D8
DAB > DA-120F > Sony TCD-D8

Offline Intrepide1

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2004, 04:15:46 PM »
I'll just have to trust that it'll get done by someone else.  Thanks, SE, for the offer, unfortunately that is too far of a drive.  I really do appreciate it.

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2004, 04:29:46 PM »
heh, yeah man, seriously, i was gonna go to that show but my friends are playing the day before and the day after...and i have to work that night. :(

it'll get taped.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 42 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com