Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

INTERESTING LISTENING SCENARIO Busman UA-5 pre and Tascam DR70D pre

<< < (2/2)

JiB97:

--- Quote from: fireonshakedwnstreet on August 22, 2021, 12:44:46 AM ---lol we run pretty much the same exact rig! I swear by the Busman UA-5 (I have two). You can definitely here the difference. That presence boost really helps from a far OTS, imo. My only minor gripe is no meters!

--- End quote ---

what you want is the SVU-2 to run out of the RCA on back of your UA-5....this used to be the preferred method back in the day when the UA-5 was THE budget pre/adc for folks running optical out to a JB3 or coax to a MT24/96

fireonshakedwnstreet:

--- Quote from: JiB97 on January 11, 2022, 07:28:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: fireonshakedwnstreet on August 22, 2021, 12:44:46 AM ---lol we run pretty much the same exact rig! I swear by the Busman UA-5 (I have two). You can definitely here the difference. That presence boost really helps from a far OTS, imo. My only minor gripe is no meters!

--- End quote ---

what you want is the SVU-2 to run out of the RCA on back of your UA-5....this used to be the preferred method back in the day when the UA-5 was THE budget pre/adc for folks running optical out to a JB3 or coax to a MT24/96

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I am looking for one  ;D

kindms:

--- Quote from: fireonshakedwnstreet on January 11, 2022, 08:43:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: JiB97 on January 11, 2022, 07:28:55 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I am looking for one  ;D

--- End quote ---

if the USB out is free you might run it to a phone and use one of the apps for levels. the apogee app levels are pretty responsive

fireonshakedwnstreet:

--- Quote from: kindms on January 12, 2022, 01:19:58 PM ---
if the USB out is free you might run it to a phone and use one of the apps for levels. the apogee app levels are pretty responsive

--- End quote ---

That's definitely an idea!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version