Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: [HELP NEEDED] Android app "Live Music Streamer" advice  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Emile

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
[HELP NEEDED] Android app "Live Music Streamer" advice
« on: May 27, 2014, 02:41:02 PM »
Dearest TS community,

Over the past 2 years I have been working on an Android app called "Live Music Streamer" (previously known as "iLiveMusic") to stream music from the LMA on Android phones/tablets. By now, I feel like its a pretty decent app, with some small bugs, but overall good performance and abilities.

The truth is that, being a taper myself, I have always tried to keep an eye on the tapers as well - instead of just the music/artists itself. As such, the app provides taper name and source info, as well as the ability to search recording by taper name. Additionally, I have recently implemented a "gapless playback" option, cause I felt that was truly important from a playback/taper point of view.

I have two requests and/or questions:

1) Please suggest features and bug fixes that YOU, as a taper, would like to see. Honestly, I'm sick and tired of people just "leeching" the music, redistributing on crappy torrent sites (or worse: selling tapes) etc. Which is why I would like to make "LMS" more about the tapers as well. (Please believe/trust me... by now I've recording dozens of tapes myself and have had a bunch of redistributing without proper credits)

2) If there is anyone willing to help me with the design of the app, I would absolutely love that. The truth is that I'm a wiz-kid... I can program these things easily, but I lack the creative design skills needed to give it some more eye-candy. Is there anyone here with a designers background who would be willing to help? (Please keep in mind that the design would have to be screen-adaptive, meaning it would work on both phones and tablets).

3) In fact, if there's anyone with JAVA experience who would like to become a part of this... Let me know!

App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=livemusicstreamerfree.android

Thank you for reading and considering. I appreciate any feedback, comments and messages!

Emile
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:26:53 PM by Emile »
SP-CMC-2 (AT831s) > SP-SPSB-1 > SP-XLRM-MINI-2 > Edirol UA-5 bm2p+ (Toslink out) > (Optical in) iRiver iHP-120 (CF Mod 16 GB / Rockbox 3.13)
Recordings on LMA: http://archive.org/bookmarks/emileh

Offline Emile

• Taperssection Regular
Re: [HELP NEEDED] Android app "Live Music Streamer" advice
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 02:43:56 PM »
By the way... feel free to compare my app to Vibe Vault or other LMA streaming apps. I feel like mine works better than most, but I don't know if that's the same for everyone.

Thanks again!
SP-CMC-2 (AT831s) > SP-SPSB-1 > SP-XLRM-MINI-2 > Edirol UA-5 bm2p+ (Toslink out) > (Optical in) iRiver iHP-120 (CF Mod 16 GB / Rockbox 3.13)
Recordings on LMA: http://archive.org/bookmarks/emileh

Offline mysticeyes

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 07:17:48 PM »
I'm going to try it, for sure. Thank you for your hard work and I'll get back to you with any feedback I may have!

Offline nickee

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 02:21:33 AM »
Feature request:

Most of us have probably already user bookmarks on the archive. Why not import or browse these in the app? Just get bookmarks for user with name.

That said... the ads kill this app for me, I have uninstalled it. Vibe vault is ad free and open source.

Offline georgeh

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 05:12:25 PM »
curious if any improvements have been made? It crashed way too much for me,but would love to see it work.
microtech gefell sms 2000, MG 21 & 20 & 27 caps >
M148 (with new ext battery) > acm P2 (2 of them)
Nbob active cables / PFA, Nbox Platinum

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com