Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: xACT suggestions  (Read 5258 times)

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
Re:xACT suggestions
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2004, 01:07:12 PM »
>>Sometimes I'd like to be able to convert a few songs to mp3 to send to friends, or to put on my website.  I hate loading up iTunes to do it, as iTunes is too much for a simple conversion...<<

well there are other utilities which will do a simple mp3 or aac conversion...

Yeah true, I just see xACT as the be all end all for audio apps.  
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2004, 01:43:10 PM »
well that makes me feel cool...hehe

maybe i'll add it in, i just need to look into how much work it would be and would it affect anything else...

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2004, 02:14:05 PM »
Oh, I get it...Scott will add anything to this app with the proper amount of fluffage. ;)
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline greenone

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2004, 02:19:06 PM »
I hate making a playlist just to burn an audio disc

I don't mind it, really. All you have to do is click the "+" (add playlist) button and then drag n' drop the wav folder in the window. That's it.

Yeah, but the window gets cluttered with all these separate playlists for stuff you burn once and then delete off your hard drive...and you've gotta clear the files out of the library, blah blah blah. It was cool when we did like 50 CDs for Christmas presents and 150 as wedding favors, but otherwise, a PITA.

Eh, just ignore me...I'm an inefficient iTunes user. :P
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings

Offline Mic D

• Habitual Line Stepper
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2004, 05:19:53 PM »
Yeah, but the window gets cluttered with all these separate playlists for stuff you burn once and then delete off your hard drive...and you've gotta clear the files out of the library, blah blah blah.

Deleting a playlist is very quick/easy and you don't have to copy the files to the library (that used to be my biggest complaint. I would keep having to clear stuff out to make space). If you look in the "advanced" section, under preferences, you can choose to not copy the files . After I'm done burning a disc, I just drag the wav folder off my desktop to the trash. Piece of cake now.

Offline greenone

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2004, 05:43:29 PM »
Yeah, I think I unchecked that preference - now they don't copy the files to the library physically, but I think they still show up in the listing even though the files are gone.

[/thread hijack]

Hey Scott, build a burning/ripping utility in, whydoncha? :fluff: :fluff: :fluff: ;D

Offline Mic D

• Habitual Line Stepper
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2004, 05:55:49 PM »
Yeah, I think I unchecked that preference - now they don't copy the files to the library physically, but I think they still show up in the listing even though the files are gone.

Yeah, unfortunately they still show up in the library listing. Sorta sucks but I don't keep anything in my library for too long, any more.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 05:58:02 PM by Mic D »

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2004, 11:00:08 PM »
i have been meaning to do basic track name/time matching for a while now, so i did it this afternoon.  i've posted a version at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xact-users

the interface to put in track times is ugly, but it works.  

if you want to put in track names, you click the "names" button to bring up the input window.  write in track names, with each on a separate line.  click "done" to save the setlist.  

then, if you choose to get your "shntool len" information parsed by disc or fileset, xACT will match up the track names and times for each file, with each line having the same amount of characters (when viewed in a fixed width font, the times will all line up)

most of the info file work all done for you...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com