Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Marantz PMD 660 Oade "Concert Mod"  (Read 3348 times)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Marantz PMD 660 Oade "Concert Mod"
« on: August 18, 2005, 04:50:48 PM »
Hey all...

anyone know anything about this?  Doug has been talking it up.  He also was kind enough to ship one to me to play with..and write a review of my tinkerings.  I've got a few shows coming up that I can hit with it. 

16bit only...but apparently it sounds fantastic with his "concert mod"..whatever that is.  Probably a W mod in disguise.
well, at any rate.  we'll know about it soon enough.
:)

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
Re: Marantz PMD 660 Oade "Concert Mod"
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 06:03:06 AM »
i can't wait to hear samples nick, good work.  i am only really interested in the modded pm671, but i imagine they'll sound similar.  the 671 comes out in september according to the oade site, and that's when i think we'll also get a price on the sonosax minir2 or whatever it's called.  if the maudio is also released it's gonna be a great month for TS

just to clarify, the Marantz PMD-671 is already available.  just that Doug hasn't finished working out a mod for it yet.  my understanding is that it works very well for digi-in 24 bit recording, but stock, the analog inputs are somewhat less than desirable.  Doug is hoping to make the analog inputs sound good as well.

and to stay on topic about the 660, it's too bad that it's just 16 bit.  for me to move on to something other than my D8, it's got to be 24 bit for me.  however, still curious how Doug's mods make it sound...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 07:12:12 AM by JasonSobel »

Offline d5

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 12:54:01 PM »
Hey all...

anyone know anything about this?  Doug has been talking it up.  He also was kind enough to ship one to me to play with..and write a review of my tinkerings.  I've got a few shows coming up that I can hit with it. 

16bit only...but apparently it sounds fantastic with his "concert mod"..whatever that is.  Probably a W mod in disguise.
well, at any rate.  we'll know about it soon enough.

I believe I got the first Oade concert mod 660 that Doug shipped. I've been lableling my stuff 'advance mod', but it's what Doug is refering to now as the 'concert mod'. Line in and internal mic's are disabled in order to give first priority to mic inputs. Also, XLR's can be used for sbd patching.
JW mod AKG 460/ck61's > Sound Devices 702

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Oade mod 670 on eBay
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 11:13:50 PM »
There's an Oade-modified PMD670 on Ebay.
See the Marketplace/Yard Sale section for the link
Flintstone

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 08:13:34 AM »
I'll be getting the 671 to test drive once Doug is finished w/that mod...so i'll be posting my thoughts/review as well.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com