Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3 creative manager 'not connected'  (Read 5389 times)

Offline airbladder

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • My recordings on archive:
JB3 creative manager 'not connected'
« on: May 29, 2004, 12:35:10 PM »
Just got a new jb3 and the installation disc would not work.  So I had to go to creative to download the driver and programs needed from their site.  

I installed current drivers
windows xp recognizes jb3
new hardware was found and installed
creative manager 2 lists as 'not connecrted'

secondary
creative playcenter 3 installation cannot proceed because creative soudnblaster digital live! is not installed. told me to download that then reinstall playcenter 3. problem is i dont have a soudblaster card, therefore i caonnot instal digital live! wtf?

Any help would be great!
ED ???
Microphones: Neumann U89i, Neumann KMR 82i, Neumann AK40/50>LC3>KM100.
Pres: AETA PSP-3
Decks: Zoom F8, Sony PCM-M10, Microtrack

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:JB3 creative manager 'not connected'
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 01:25:04 PM »
this is why i bought notmad from redchair software.
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline dklein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 10:30:42 AM »
The Creative site only has the upgrades - you actually need the files on the original install disc.  PM me and I'll hook you up with an ftp login to download that install.  I've helped a bunch of people out with this and it fixes the problem every time.
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline airbladder

• Taperssection Member
    • My recordings on archive:
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 10:26:36 PM »
Thanks for the help.  The section comes through every time! ;D
Microphones: Neumann U89i, Neumann KMR 82i, Neumann AK40/50>LC3>KM100.
Pres: AETA PSP-3
Decks: Zoom F8, Sony PCM-M10, Microtrack

Offline joel

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • known in some parts as Jhudson844 or jamlivedotorg
    • jamlive.org
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 10:36:39 PM »
http://jamlive.org

AKG 483>Busman T-Mod R4
SBD>Busman V-Mod R4

Offline johnw

• My cd List
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 08:57:41 AM »
Can you reformat the JB3 drive using Notmad? It says it integrates into Explorer like any other drive device. If so, that seems like it would be a benefit over having to remove batteries and press buttons quickly.
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 09:35:16 AM »
Notmad is software for your PC, not your Nomad.
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 09:53:22 AM »
Can you reformat the JB3 drive using Notmad? It says it integrates into Explorer like any other drive device. If so, that seems like it would be a benefit over having to remove batteries and press buttons quickly.

one werd: paperclip ;D
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 02:29:23 PM »

copy that.  best $20 spent
we all live downstream.

oniontaper

Re: JB3 creative manager 'not connected'
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 12:40:23 PM »
ok so i seem to be having the similar problem,
i bought a jb3 used and it only came with the power cord and usb cable (no install disc)
so i went to the nomad website and downloaded the most recent drivers (and installed without the jb3 connected) it seems that the drivers were installed successfully.
so then i tried d/l'ing the nomad explorer app. (which also seems to have installed successfully).
so now i hook up the usb cable to my jb3 (jb3 powers up on own) and click on the nomad icon. the program opens but say's device not connected...? hmmm.... so i go and download the next app. in line which happens to be 'Creative MediaSource Software Update version 2.03.29' , and i do see that it says "update version" ,so i'm thinking its not for me?? but i give her the ol' try anyway. so during the install process (3/4 of the way thru ) it tells me to make sure my device is connected, so i plug in the usb to the jb3 (jb3 powers up again) and click ok, (and i have also waited to see if just connecting makes the popup message go away) the next popup message i get says it cannot detect a device and installation will quit now??  i have tried different variations of having the jb3 hooked up and not hooked up when i try to install drivers and software.
do i need files from the original install disc too? can some one help me thru this one? i really hate computers for this very reason, (they always resist with me) by the way I'm running w/ Win XP
if that helps to troubleshoot.
thanks
jesse

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 12:53:56 PM »
ok so i seem to be having the similar problem,
i bought a jb3 used and it only came with the power cord and usb cable (no install disc)
so i went to the nomad website and downloaded the most recent drivers (and installed without the jb3 connected) it seems that the drivers were installed successfully.
so then i tried d/l'ing the nomad explorer app. (which also seems to have installed successfully).
so now i hook up the usb cable to my jb3 (jb3 powers up on own) and click on the nomad icon. the program opens but say's device not connected...? hmmm.... so i go and download the next app. in line which happens to be 'Creative MediaSource Software Update version 2.03.29' , and i do see that it says "update version" ,so i'm thinking its not for me?? but i give her the ol' try anyway. so during the install process (3/4 of the way thru ) it tells me to make sure my device is connected, so i plug in the usb to the jb3 (jb3 powers up again) and click ok, (and i have also waited to see if just connecting makes the popup message go away) the next popup message i get says it cannot detect a device and installation will quit now??  i have tried different variations of having the jb3 hooked up and not hooked up when i try to install drivers and software.
do i need files from the original install disc too? can some one help me thru this one? i really hate computers for this very reason, (they always resist with me) by the way I'm running w/ Win XP
if that helps to troubleshoot.
thanks
jesse

jesse, try rebooting your computer.  it should come up with the 'new hardware found.." message and attempt to install the software, even though it's installed.  i choose the 'not this time' button, and then it looks to tell your 1394 port to see the jb3.  then you should be ok.  hope this works.

jr
we all live downstream.

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 01:44:45 PM »
I don't know if it's still the same but the downloads on the Creative website would not work properly unless you had the original install.  PM me if you want to grab them from me - it's worked for about a dozen people so far...
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 01:54:22 PM »
I don't know if it's still the same but the downloads on the Creative website would not work properly unless you had the original install.  PM me if you want to grab them from me - it's worked for about a dozen people so far...

true.  aren't/weren't the three primary/necessary files available to download from them.  and, if you had those three, you were good to go.  or, am i talking out of my hat?
we all live downstream.

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 10:40:01 AM »
Not sure John.  I've only ever done mine from the disc.  I don't know if anyone has done it from web downloads only.
KM 184 > V2 > R4

oniontaper

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 11:20:04 AM »
i downloaded the drivers from creatives site, and all of the app. downloads from creative's site were failing for me. using the same installed driver i went to redchairs website and downloaded the trial of notmad, and it works fine.
I then used the same driver, installed it on my other computer and the using the original install files ('dklein' was so generous to hook me up with) and that works the first time using creatives software.
so my experience is that the app. files on creatives site are worthless unless you have the original files and want to upgrade your version. ??? (i think)
the driver from creatives site however seems to have no issues, for me that is
please correct me on any of this
jess

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Old and in the way.
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 12:12:31 PM »
I got all the original creative stuff off the web, as my JB3 didnt come with the disc.  I think I found it all at the nomadness.net website, or some of it may have come off off the yahoo group.  But it is definitely all out there to find.  Its been several months since I DL'ed all of it so sorry I cant remember specifics.
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.112 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com