Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ADK Shock Mount Elastic  (Read 2564 times)

Offline MG916

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Newbie
ADK Shock Mount Elastic
« on: June 26, 2013, 12:39:28 AM »
I contacted ADK to replace the elastic on a pair of shock mounts. I inquired about purchasing from them or another source. I received a very prompt reply from Larry at ADK stating he would be more then happy to send me the elastics free if I reside in the U.S. All he asked in return is I "say something nice about ADK online".
So, I was impressed to receive a email reply from the repair dept within 24 hours. Often I never receive a reply from companies I contact. Also impressive is the willingness to replace the elastic for free.
I think that is excellent customer service and wish other companies did the same.

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: ADK Shock Mount Elastic
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 08:01:54 PM »
I had no idea Larry was in the repair department. I've always known him as the president of the comapny. I needed some new elastics a year or so ago and also inquired about a few other parts for a mount and for an accessory for a pair of those ridiculously cheap A51 NOS mics that were on ebay a few years ago and that I would be willing to pay for everything since I had gotten such a good deal on the mics and the mount part I needed was because of my own screw-up. Larry got back to me promptly, indicated the elastics were free and he would have to check on the rest. Next day he sends another note indicating all the parts were available. While the parts weren't free he did offer to sell them at cost. I told him that was more than generous and to shoot me a total with shipping. He sent that and quoted inexpensive shipping. I was expecting parcel post but the items came priority and I had them in hand two days later. I have nothing but great tings to say about ADK the company, their products and everyone I have ever dealt with there. While I haven't dealt with all that many manufacturers and retailers, ADK has the best service of any of those I have personally dealt with and Grace is the only company I haven't dealt with who has as stellar a reputation as ADK.

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 03:57:25 PM »
I would also give a huge vote to Avantone Pro. I recently contacted them to see if I could buy replacement elastic bands for my Avantone SSM Pro Shockmounts. I received a quick  very nice response from Seth Berman of Avantone, telling me they appreciate my support and were sending me the bands at no charge. I was really impressed and the Avantones are great shocks , accommodating many different sized mics.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline newscane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • somuchtosay.net
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 01:49:59 PM »
I would also give a huge vote to Avantone Pro. I recently contacted them to see if I could buy replacement elastic bands for my Avantone SSM Pro Shockmounts. I received a quick  very nice response from Seth Berman of Avantone, telling me they appreciate my support and were sending me the bands at no charge. I was really impressed and the Avantones are great shocks , accommodating many different sized mics.
I ran into a need for more elastic bands for my Avantone SSMs a while back... went to Home Depot, and found suitable replacements in the plumbing department :)  I think they were the #18 O-rings (I'd check, but the package is kinda buried at the moment).
Current rig: Avantone CK-1 > UA-5 > DR-100mk11
Retired: JB3

My (DMB) shows: http://www.dmbexchange.com/list.php?user=newscane
My website: http://www.somuchtosay.net

Offline georgeh

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 07:45:00 PM »

hmm, I wasn't so lucky with them. I ended up going to a hardware store and getting #17 o rings, which work great I might add. For the Avantones
microtech gefell sms 2000, MG 21 & 20 & 27 caps >
M148 (with new ext battery) > acm P2 (2 of them)
Nbob active cables / PFA, Nbox Platinum

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com