Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ADK TL mic storage  (Read 5390 times)

Offline barrettphisher

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: ADK TL mic storage
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 11:21:44 AM »
T+ will be taking a look.  Now that I have had a few outings with the mod TLs they are something I want protected for sure.  Could not be more happy with them.
Did you run the TL's before the mod with the same rig?  Just wondering what sonic characteristics the mod. did for the TL sound.  Love my TL's but I also love custom sounding rigs..
Barrett
Mics: ADK A51 TL's C12s, at853's (card, hyper, sub, and omni caps), Michael Joly Premium Electronics Modded Oktava mk012s (Card, Hyper and Omni caps), Busman BSC1 Stereo Kit, and Oktava 319.
Pres: V3 opti/M-S Modded, BM2p+ UA5, church audio 9100, 3 wire BB
Recorders:  Busman Mod Tascam DR-680, ACM HD-P2, HD-P2, MT2 x2, D50, M10, JB3 x2, M1, D8

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 01:52:45 PM »
I ran them with the same rig but not really the same environments.  I mainly used them outdoors before in Omni mode and ran the 480s at the same time.  I could probably dig up something where I used them as a standard card pair. If I had to describe the difference I would say much more detailed, much more natural sounding, bass now is tight and has more of a kick.  They sound quite different than the stock.  I would hesitate to even call it the TL sound anymore.

I have Signal Path and Pnuma Trio up on bt.etree and just recorded On the One M-S Stage lip last night.  I'll probably have that up over the weekend. 
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 03:06:06 PM »
Just in case anyone was curious I ended up getting the Blow Molded 204 case that was mentioned above.  It ended up arriving yesterday since the dealer sent the first to the wrong address.  Anyway... Certainly not as strong as a pelican case but it's good enough for the mics.  The 204 is the perfect size for the TLs if they are placed in the case on their side.  If you want to lay them flat you will need to get the next bigger model.  Fits in the gear bag with room to spare.
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com