Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: yet another jb3 file transfer help thread  (Read 2534 times)

Offline svenkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Take Time to Listen!
yet another jb3 file transfer help thread
« on: April 26, 2006, 04:21:42 PM »
OK, so Im using playcenter, and I only have a few files on it from last night.

When I click on the track, and hit 'autosynch' It says it can read the files, that they are either corrupt or missing. Then I realized that the files it couldnt read were older files that I have already deleted. the play center seems to just want to transfer files that are already deleted. So, after a million attempts, I let it transfer the first file it could read, lol, its a file that I deleted yesterday, but it is transfering it, I figure maybe after the file is done, it will go to the new ones. weird occurances here, what should I do?

should I defrag the jb3, and if so, how does one go about doing it or is it a computer issue. I transfered a file yesterday no problem, but today it would either say the corrupt file thing, or it wouldnt recognize the player at all.
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Roving Sign

Re: yet another jb3 file transfer help thread
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 08:38:32 PM »
Rescue mode > Clean Up

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 08:57:32 PM »
Rescue mode > Clean Up

that's it! now how does one do that   ???
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 05:28:19 PM »
I reinstalled the play center, and its still reading the deleted files. I pressed hold and hit reset, and nothing, just acted like normal. guess Im going to go back to the MT for awhile till I can get this cleared up   >:D

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 05:39:25 PM »
Rescue mode > Clean Up

that's it! now how does one do that   ???

hold down the stop button and insert a paperclip in the reset hole underneath when the screen appears release stop and hit play
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline taperted

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
    • Brainfroot Productions
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 09:36:27 AM »
from the JB3  help page

[330] Do I need to do any regular maintenance?

It's probably a good idea to do a Format All regularly to ensure you don't run into problems like excessive fragmentation.  Instructions:

1. Remove the battery or press the reset button.
2. Either while reinserting the battery or after reset ensure that the stop button is held down.
3. As soon as the 'Creative' logo appears on the screen during the boot sequence, release the stop button. Immediately press and release the play button. The unit should boot to a diagnostics mode with several recovery options.

Those are:

[a.] Clean Up (Performs a scan disk on the HDD)
      [b.] Format All (*WARNING* ALL contents will be lost, including pre-installed content)
      [c.] Reload OS (*WARNING* THIS IS AN ADVANCED OPTION. DO NOT choose this unless you are sure of what you are doing as you could render your player unusable. You must also have a suitable firmware file on your PC for reloading via USB)
      [d.] Reboot

As best I could find, Clean Up scans the disk for errors and rebuilds the songlist index but does not perform a defrag.  The Format All does just what it sounds like: formats the drive, negating the need for an actual defrag (and good thing as there doesn't appear to be a maintenance operation to do just the defrag while maintaining your data).  Reload OS is probably overkill and you shouldn't need to do it unless you're having serious problems.

blessings!!
~ted
Aud:AKG C3000B-> Edirol UA-5 D-Mod-> Optical-> NJB3 or Sony MZ-NH1
Aud:Studio Projects C4-> Edirol UA-5 D-Mod-> OPtical-> NJB3 or Sony MZ-NH1
Aud: Patch set up RS A/D-> RS c/o converter-> Sony MZ-NF610
Digi Cam: Sony DSC-P93
Mini DV: Panasonic PVGS31

Live Recordings- http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Ted%20Hissin

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 01:13:46 AM »
just to let you all know, I was finally able to do a disc cleanup and my jukebox recognized the current files. I still has the other files as pending, but I close the transfer que before it causes problems. One thing though is that the files are labeled as 2003 recordings  ::)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com