Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A present from M-audio this morning - MicroTrack firmware 1.4.6  (Read 10035 times)

Offline hawghunter

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
Re: A present from M-audio this morning - MicroTrack firmware 1.4.6
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 01:33:59 PM »
I got it about two months ago.

No i haven't tried it yet. It's actually still getting that first charge. I am a little hesitant though. I must say i believe the problem for me was caused by still having a wav file on the cf card i used to do the update w/. (oops)

There wasn't anything on my CF, I actually reformated before I put the update on and it. So I wonder if it has something to do with the update and the CF card. what brand of CF card?? mine was Transcend 8gig 120x.
ISO: NIRVANA :), 8/15/91 - The Roxy

930's > MMe

Offline busterr

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 01:39:18 PM »
8gig 120x transcend for me as well. Might be on to something there.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 01:52:01 PM by busterr024 »

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 01:41:29 PM »
The instructions linked in the first post in this thread say to use the card that came with the MT.  I just formated and used a 2 GB SanDisk Ultra II card and had no problems, but I did wonder why they wantedyou to use the original card, I don't remember doing that with any of the earlier firmware updates.  ANyway, mine seems to be working fine.

Jeff

Offline hawghunter

• Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 01:49:05 PM »
I never used that card for anything, too small. The updates I did before were done with a 2gig SanDisk Ultra II also. So It may be somthing with the 8 gig 120x card.  ???

930's > MMe

Offline busterr

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 02:04:46 PM »
Unfortunately mine didn't come w/ a cf card originally (open box deal) so it was either gonna be w/ the 4 or 8gig I had at the time. The new one came with their card so i'll go with that for updates from now on.

Offline guysonic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 02:55:34 PM »
I think the reason M-audio suggests using the supplied card is there are NO ISSUES with the protocol on the supplied card, but there may be some incompatibilities with protocols on some other types of CF cards faulting the upgrade process, especially the 'super-speed' types.   Card capacity seems not the issue.

If you've lost having the supplied card, choose a 'slower' CF card, and format this card in the deck BEFORE transferring the three upgrade files to that card either using direct-to-deck USB connection, or card reader attached to the computer.  Then upgrading should go smoothly.

I couldn't find my supplied card, so chose 128 MEG Sandisk that's been around for 5-6 years for photo purposes, formatted in the deck, and direct connected the deck to XP computer that recognized it as external storage device. 

Transferred the upgrade files, disconnected the deck, turned it off/on, and used the menu to choose UPGRADE FIRMWARE.   Deck upgraded, then rebooted to show correct 1.05 boot-loader and firmware update. 

Now to go out to record something with my Ultra II 8 GIG (never had an issue using this card in MT) confirming no downsides to newest 1.4.6. 

Interested in postings of at least new issues appearing with 1.4.6 update, and if past issues with other makes/model types of CF cards are consistently resolved.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 03:15:05 PM »
the trans 8 gb card is one of the cards that gives people trouble too
sounds like people should def do the upgrade with somthing else if poss
then go back and use the trans 8gb after the update to see it you still get "media full" message
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline lazysean

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 03:17:21 PM »
I think the reason M-audio suggests using the supplied card is there are NO ISSUES with the protocol on the supplied card

Weird.  My supplied card *never* worked properly with the Microtrack, though I've not tried it with more recent firmware upgrades.  It worked fine in every other digital camera and card reader I've put it in, but the Microtrack always tried to reformat it again, and then not actually manage to save recordings.  No way I would ever try to upgrade the firmware using that card...  Such a small card, though, I never bothered to make a stink about it.  (And for the record I've never had a problem upgrading using the other cards I have - mostly Sandisk Ultra II's)

Offline hawghunter

• Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 03:25:24 PM »
Can anyone confirm the update fixed the 'media is full' message issue, when record is pressed with a transcend 8 gig 120x CF card. Maybe this card is still a problem. I quess that's what this thread is for. Not the nice present 'busterr024' and I got, when our units went into the crapper.

930's > MMe

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2007, 03:25:45 PM »
when you reformatted the card, did you do it in the MT or on your computer ?

I have heard of that causing problems as well. Always reformat in the MT ...
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline hawghunter

• Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 03:38:01 PM »
when you reformatted the card, did you do it in the MT or on your computer ?

I have heard of that causing problems as well. Always reformat in the MT ...

In the MT. So if the card reformats there, I don't see why there is a problem with updating firmware with the card. I need to move on, and get my unit fixed or try something new.

930's > MMe

Offline jtessier

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 04:52:52 PM »

Hmm. was it this card? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820208050

I just want to kind of know what it visually looks like too in case I run across one.

Was your MT plugged into USB or the AC power pack?  Mine was on USB.

Thanks,

P.S. Mine updated fine with a SanDisk 8GB Ultra II card.

J.T.

Offline hawghunter

• Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2007, 05:09:37 PM »
Yes, that is the card I have. Plugged into USB.

930's > MMe

Offline busterr

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2007, 05:11:47 PM »
Can anyone confirm the update fixed the 'media is full' message issue, when record is pressed with a transcend 8 gig 120x CF card. Maybe this card is still a problem. I quess that's what this thread is for. Not the nice present 'busterr024' and I got, when our units went into the crapper.

I've successfully updated my new mt with the m-audio cf card. Ran some tests with the 8gig transcend card and Did Not get "media is full" message as i did previously. So the update appears to have solved that. Other than the media full thing and trying to update with it, I've never had any issues with the 8gig card.

Hmm. was it this card? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820208050

I just want to kind of know what it visually looks like too in case I run across one.

Was your MT plugged into USB or the AC power pack?  Mine was on USB.

Thanks,

P.S. Mine updated fine with a SanDisk 8GB Ultra II card.

J.T.

Yep, that is the one.
I plugged it into the AC right before I actually started updating it. I'm not sure why I didn't format the card though. I still think that may have had something to do with it.

Offline hawghunter

• Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2007, 05:25:37 PM »
busterr024,
Thats good news about the 'media is full' issue. I'll try GC tommorow, fingers crossed, before I send back to M-Audio. I hope I can find the receipt and everything. Someone +t busterr024 for me, I'll get you back. Thanks

930's > MMe

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com