Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Hearing Loops at venues

(1/2) > >>

SDM71:
Doing some research ref: my next show (May, originally scheduled for Nov 2020), assuming I'm going to have to stealth, but looking for indications of the likelihood of the venue policy overruling the band, etc, which led me to the site FAQ.

Which reads

--- Quote ---ACCESSIBILITY

DO YOU HAVE A HEARING LOOP?

We have a radio frequency hearing system here at the Arena that, where possible, is fed from a direct feed from the toured sound desk. You can chose to connect to a neck-worn induction loop or headphones. If you would like to use the system please head to our Reception Desk in the foyer. We charge a £20 deposit for the hearing loop equipment which will be refunded upon its return.
--- End quote ---

Soundboard feed?  That would simplify things a lot  :) but clearly a pair of headphones will have no line out, and there's no guarantee that the venue's necklace option will have a 3.5mm out (although it seems possible and I will ask).

My question to you fine folk is around the potential to record the RF signal.  In theory it must require a radio tuned to the right frequency and a connected recorder.  Plus no radio interference and knowing/finding the frequency.  Has anyone explored this route in any detail before?

capnhook:

Wow man, you waited EIGHT YEARS to ask this question, and THIS is your first post??

Something doesn't smell right about this guy....

seethreepo:
SAF!

Sketchy as Fuck!

SDM71:
I understand joking "concern", but not "sketchy as fuck".

This site has been a great resource for me occasionally over those years - I'm not a regular taper (maybe a couple of dozen shows), so I would have dipped in when in the market for equipment (currently Sony M10, previously iRiver H140). 

I didn't see any references in any of the "read first" posts to any kind of entrance exam to posting, or a statute of limitations on posting - perhaps you two could point me in the right direction...?  You both took around a year to make your first posts - is that the sweet spot?

Finally - had I joined yesterday and posted the above, would that be MORE "sketchy as fuck" or less?

capnhook:
Welcome to taperssection, human.  We try to keep the trash to a minimum around here.  :smash:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version