Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Bluetooth Earbuds with Good Audio & Call Quality  (Read 4944 times)

Offline phanophish

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • ImageLume Photography
Bluetooth Earbuds with Good Audio & Call Quality
« on: October 17, 2018, 10:51:47 AM »
I'm looking for a recommendation for moderately priced Bluetooth earbuds that have decent music playback quality that also have the ability to be a headset for conference calls and VOIP for at my desk in the office. 

Something like the Bluetooth equivalent of the KZ-ATE earbuds which I think are the best sounding sub $100 earbuds out there and are only $15.  Obviously the Wireless will increase the price but I'd like to be in the $60 or less range but am willing to stretch a bit if there really is an improvement in audio quality.

Anyone have anything they really like?

Photo:  Nikon D300, D200, 35mm f/1.8,  50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, Nikon 17-55 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50/2.8 Macro, 18-70 f/4.5-5.6, 24-120 f/3.5-5.6 VR, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6, Nikon 70-200 f/2.8VR, SB-800

Jake: What's this?
Elwood: What?
Jake: This car. This stupid car. Where's the Cadillac? The Caddy? Where's the Caddy?
Elwood: The what?
Jake: The Cadillac we used to have. The Blues Mobile!
Elwood: I traded it.
Jake: You traded the Blues Mobile for this?
Elwood: No. For a microphone.
Jake: A microphone? Okay I can see that.

Offline mrfender

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Bluetooth Earbuds with Good Audio & Call Quality
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 11:17:12 AM »
I bought some Sony WF1000X ones for cheap off Ebay ($50) and would not recommend them.  Connectivity is just atrocious.  I use an old Galaxy S3 for a portable music player and it can't be in my pocket and keep a connection which I don't have a problem with any other BT device. I think the "WF" stands for What the F were you thinking? They work ok if the source is out in the open and will handle phone calls so there's that.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 11:19:50 AM by mrfender »
DR2d, DR-05, DR-22wl, DR-40, DR-44wl, DR-608, PCM-M10, Roland R-07, PCM, PCM-A10
CA-14 card/omni, AT853 cards/omni, Nak CM-300 cards/omni, Line Audio CM4

Offline phanophish

• ImageLume Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 11:40:11 AM »
I'm been leaning towards the kind that have a connecting cable and Mic on the wire for hopefully better voice call pickup.  If there is one thing I know from recording is mic placement is everything!

Photo:  Nikon D300, D200, 35mm f/1.8,  50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, Nikon 17-55 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50/2.8 Macro, 18-70 f/4.5-5.6, 24-120 f/3.5-5.6 VR, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6, Nikon 70-200 f/2.8VR, SB-800

Jake: This car. This stupid car. Where's the Cadillac? The Caddy? Where's the Caddy?

Offline mblindsey

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 11:40:43 PM »
I'm been leaning towards the kind that have a connecting cable and Mic on the wire for hopefully better voice call pickup.  If there is one thing I know from recording is mic placement is everything!

I went hard down this path recently, and I don't love any of the wireless options....I have on hand:

- Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones:  Gave them to my wife, who has yet to adopt them.  They are the heaviest of the bunch, and they just didn't fit well.  Sound decent.  I didn't get around to mic tests on calls, but I have heard others in my office use them, and on the receiving the mic sounds good.

- BeatsX Earphones:  Not too comfy to wear, not great for music.  Mic works well, and again, someone else in my office uses them, so I've heard the receiving end.  Bonus that they charge with a lightening adapter if you are an iPhone user, but you aren't.

- Shure SE215-K-BT1 Wireless Bluetooth:  These are my favorite for music and comfort.  I don't have enough hours on them to determine if the mic is going to work out.  If it does, I can always move up the line and change the cable to better Shure IEMs. 

None are as good for conf calls as my low end Bose wired IEMs that I was using before losing the audio jack on my iPhone.  In fact, I'm thinking it's better to just get an office headset from Jabra/Plantronics...

If you can get away with a speakerphone, my office uses these: "Jabra Speak 510 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker for Softphone and Mobile Phone".  I was so impressed that I bought a used one on eBay for home.

I'm using a FiiO A3 Portable Headphone and FiiO BTR3 HiFi Bluetooth Receiver for my office listening with large cans that don't require me to be on the mic.  None of the receivers I found also transmit BT for calls, making it a hassle to covert a nice pair of cans to a conf headset.

--Michael
Mics:  Microtech Gefell m200/M20/nBob Actives>PFA, CA-11
Pre's: USB Pre2, 1x V3, 2x V3 w/optimod, MP2, Church Ugly
Decks: SD MixPre 6 II, R44 Oade Concert Mod, M10
Playback: Grace m9xx->Sen HD 650, Fostex TH-X00, HIFIMAN HEXX
Mixing: RME Fireface UFX->Reaper/Izotope->Yamaha HS8

Offline phanophish

• ImageLume Photography
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 11:03:57 PM »
Missed this response but I wound up with these...

VAVA MOOV 28

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Headphones-VAVA-Splashproof-Cancelling/dp/B071JDP15H/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1543636925&sr=8-3&keywords=vava+moov+28

Not going to give my my higher end headphones any time soon, but the are great around the office for music and offer pretty good voice call quality.

Offline Rob D.

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 05:52:04 PM »
I've been using Shure 535 earphones for almost three years now with satisfaction so the choice to just spend $149 on the RMCE-BT2 was an easy one. The two in ear phones are interchangable with the standard plug in and BT cables.

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/accessories/earphones/earphone-headphone-cables/rmce-bt2-high-resolution-bluetooth-5-earphone-communication-cable

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 12:02:24 PM »
Here's what I have:

Wireless:  Jabra Elite Active 65t bluetooth earbuds - paid $124.00 shipped, refurb from Jabra.  Great sounding, fantastic for the gym, yet battery life is only 5 hours.  Fit is outstanding.  Used them recently at the gym and they never became dislodged when doing heavy cardio work.  The reviews on them are true.  Note: they don't replace the audio quality of wired earphones.  Bluetooth codecs aren't quite there yet, but they are getting close, like Sony's LDAC codec is the best yet. 

Wired:  Shure SE535 earbuds -  The name says it all.  Just bought this model.  Should be arriving in the mail today.  Replacing a falling-apart set of E4c's that I've owned 10+ years.  I'll use them when I go to the beach on weekends or traveling abroad.  They'll get used.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 12:39:31 PM by spyder9 »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com