Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Resistance to filming with a camcorder  (Read 32 times)

Offline ace5gt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Resistance to filming with a camcorder
« on: Today at 12:13:08 PM »
I bought a camcorder and I'm trying to get into filming shows.  I've tried to approach this by first tying to get legitimate permission from bands (or management) on social media and contacting venues to see if I can get permission.  Needless to say, it's not going well.  I'm like 0 for 25 on this.  Essentially every artist ignores my request, and every venue defaults to "no" without any consideration if the band may be taper-friendly.   It seems all these years later, the taboo of video cameras is alive and well in the concert industry.

So I'm pretty much at the point now where throwing caution to wind, sneaking in the gear, and attempting to stealth the show is my only option.  Although I'm not sure how stealthy one can actually be with a camcorder.  It seem to a large degree, I'd be hoping for venue staff to be cool enough to just look the other way and not bother me about it.

Any ideas?

Offline breakonthru

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Resistance to filming with a camcorder
« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:22:45 PM »
Get a zs100 and act like it’s nbd and that it’s just a personal camera like the 400 phones people are holding up

Offline mrfender

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Resistance to filming with a camcorder
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:27:20 PM »
Agree.  Most venues allow small cameras with a non-detachable lens. 
DR2d, DR-05, DR-22wl, DR-40, DR-44wl, DR-608, PCM-M10, Roland R-07, PCM, PCM-A10
CA-14 card/omni, AT853 cards/omni, Nak CM-300 cards/omni, Line Audio CM4

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com