Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: bose qc2 noise-cancelling headphones glitches/pops (sound sample included)  (Read 3440 times)

Offline grtphl

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • deadheadynugs
    • Free Live Music Archive - daja@dayjay
i own bose quietcomfort 2 noise-cancelling headphones from (at least) 2005.  when i 'turn on' the headphones, using the switch on the right side, i can hear what i can only describe as electrical glitching noises, some pops, some cracks, etc., etc.  they didn't used to be there, are now there, and i want them gone.

http://gratephul.com/other/headphone.wav

can anyone provide a reason for these errors and, ideally, a fix?  thanks.

Offline schoepsnbox

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Nbox...........Zero's and One's
Is this noise in one channel or both?  The bose have active circuitry in them so check the baterries to make sure they have proper voltages.  Also does it make the noise with or without the cable plugged into them.  The cable could cause the problem if there is a bad wire.

Offline grtphl

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • deadheadynugs
    • Free Live Music Archive - daja@dayjay
it makes the noise in both ears, with the cable unplugged, and using a 'standard' duracell aaa battery (1.5 v).  with my head titled to the right, the cracks are most prominent in the left channel, and vice versa.  it seems a little more sensitive when tilting to the left than the right, but maybe my head just tends to tilt left more often than not.  the cracks are more pronounced when the cable is plugged into my headphone jack w/ nothing playing.  the cable isn't plugged into my headphones right now and i can hear the cracking, and it's very undesirable.

Offline schoepsnbox

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Nbox...........Zero's and One's
Sounds like they're broken ;) Call bose and find a service center to get them to.  My best advise.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com