Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mia MIDI card and Samplitude 9 SE configuration  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Althea1979

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Mia MIDI card and Samplitude 9 SE configuration
« on: March 10, 2008, 10:29:24 PM »
Hello, :newbie:
 I just built a new box to transfer DAT's and was wondering If someone might be able to answer a few questions?

1. Do you lock the bit rate in the Mia console for transfers?
2. Do you use the ASIO driver?
3. I purchased Samplitude 9 SE, is there anything that I should know when configuring the software? Most of my masters are in 44.1 but some are @ 48. I've been told to convert the 48 recordings with other software. Is this true?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Chris

Offline Althea1979

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Mia MIDI card and Samplitude 9 SE configuration
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 08:42:54 AM »
Bump for help please....  :D

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 11:05:37 AM »
1.  Not sure what "locking the bit rate in the Mia console" means.  My soundcards in the past have had the option of using the soundcard's internal clock or relying on an external clock, i.e. the DAT playback machine.  You want to do the latter, so the Mia doesn't resample an incoming 48k signal to its own 48k internal clock.  Not sure what the setting is to do so on the Mia.

2.  Looks like SAM 9 SE includes support for ASIO, and it sounds like the Mia has ASIO drivers, so go ahead and use them.

3a.  The SAM configuration is pretty straightforward.  Set up your recording / playback devices, define your TEMP directories, configure your recording virtual project's sample rate and bit-depth and you're ready to go.

3b.  Note there are differences in the way SAM 9 SE perform SRC depending on the workflow you select.  A bit more here, though I originally found out about the issue on the SAM forum.  I haven't completed my testing of SRC in SAM 9 SE yet of performing SRC via Change Sample Rate v. Track Bouncing, but hope to have some samples up soon.  FWIW, I'll also likely include the same master sample SRC'd through R8Brain.  FWIW, on initial listening, I can't differentiate audibly between R8Brain and SAM at Ultra High 2, but like I said, I've not completed my testing yet.  And just because I can't hear a difference, doesn't mean it doesn't exist and isn't audible to others.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

thepassionofyonder

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 11:55:57 AM »
like brian said you want to switch back and forth from internal and external.
external for while you are transfering, and internal for playback.
i have mine locked to 48k, because i never recorded anything at 44.1k.

Offline Althea1979

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 10:22:46 PM »
Thanks guys! I'm going to work on the settings and give it a test run over the next few days. Thanks for the responces.

~Chris

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.19 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com