Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New Mac, program for matrix  (Read 1921 times)

Offline atxwolfattack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
New Mac, program for matrix
« on: March 16, 2008, 11:41:30 PM »
I've been using Sony Vegas for some time now for Matrix's because it is so easy to stretch the audio tracks to line up, but I just bought a Macbook Pro (which will get here Wednesday) and I was wondering what you mac users use for matrix's?

thanks!

Offline Sebastian

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: New Mac, program for matrix
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 05:16:32 AM »
+T for getting the MBP. I really love mine. Just one quick suggestion: Make sure to calibrate the battery during the first cycle as per Apple's specifications. I did not do that when I got the MBP and now the battery health is down to 69 percent after only 20 cycles.

Anyway, I really love Apple Logic as a DAW software. It seems to have every feature I will ever need. I have never tried to stretch audio with it, but according to the manual it should be really easy. On the other hand, if you have an external M-Audio interface, you could try ProTools M-Powered. I believe there is a trial version somewhere on the ProTools web site. These are just my 2 favorites, but for the Mac there are many programs that should be fine for editing audio...

easy jim

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 01:19:33 PM »
I am a Digital Performer fan, and use it for time-scaling all the time to line up disparate sources for post-mixes.

Offline allan

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
    • enclave media
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 01:30:09 PM »
I use Cubase, DP before that, i've found Cubase a bit easier to use though, switched when I changed from MOTU to Presonus for multi-tracking.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 02:28:48 PM »
+T for getting the MBP. I really love mine. Just one quick suggestion: Make sure to calibrate the battery during the first cycle as per Apple's specifications. I did not do that when I got the MBP and now the battery health is down to 69 percent after only 20 cycles.

if youre battery has only 69% health on 20 cycles, you have a defective battery.  they'll give you a new one for free

http://www.apple.com/support/macbook_macbookpro/batteryupdate/

Identifying an affected battery

Affected batteries will have one or more of the following symptoms:

* Battery is not recognized causing an “X” to appear in the battery icon in the Finder menu bar.
    * Battery will not charge when computer is plugged into AC power.
    * Battery exhibits low charge capacity/runtime when using a fully charged battery with a battery cycle count (as shown in System Profiler) of less than 300.
    * Battery pack is visibly deformed.

Note: If your MacBook or MacBook Pro battery does not have any of the symptoms noted above, your battery does not need to be replaced.

Offline Sebastian

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 05:35:30 PM »
if youre battery has only 69% health on 20 cycles, you have a defective battery.  they'll give you a new one for free

http://www.apple.com/support/macbook_macbookpro/batteryupdate/

Thanks for pointing that out! I'll contact my Apple Authorized Service Partner about this.

Edit: I just called Apple and they'll replace my battery. Thanks again for the hint. It was priceless!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 03:31:14 AM by Sebastian »

Offline JWard

• Taperssection Regular
  • The Hightailers - Gulf Coast Roots Rock
    • Tapir Productions
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 09:24:15 PM »
Digital Performer.
There’s three ways to do things: the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way....Isn’t that the wrong way?....Yeah, but faster!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com