Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need Source for EIAJ-4 Right Angle Power Plug  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Chilly Brioschi

• The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Waiting for the next cladogenetic event, or Godot
    • Oceana North America
Need Source for EIAJ-4 Right Angle Power Plug
« on: April 20, 2008, 10:42:09 PM »
Just like a Radio Shack "D" connector, but I'd like one piece units.

My previous source has dried up.

This is the power connector for the Fostex FR-2  (and some HP lappys, a few telescopes, and such  - Japanese-sized barrel, center pin 12v, 2amp)

BTW, I still have a dozen extra straight EIAJ-4 in-line connectors, if anyone needs any.
These are soft rubber shells, one piece units with solder connectors with strain-relief
Price is my cost, which is $2 shipped within US, inc. AL and HI.
Trades considered for silver wire, silver solder, solder wick, and other such workbench flotsam and jetsam of equal value.

The new bag says that I need RA connectors only.
"Peace is for everyone"
        - Norah Jones

"Music is the drug that won't kill you"
         - Fran Lebowitz

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
Re: Need Source for EIAJ-4 Right Angle Power Plug
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 12:25:35 AM »
Not sure if it's an exact fit as I haven't gotten the calipers out yet but if you happen to have a RB-270 DVD battery (the infamous wallyworld variety) one of the adapters that came in the retail package fits in the jack on the FR2. I'm not sure if the plug is 5 or 5.5mm OD and I don't know what the ID is. While it's a one piece RA plug it hooks into a cable that's very similar to the RS Adapt A Plug setup.
< Product sheet lists it as the "U" plug and is 5.0 x 3.4 x 1.0mm  Looks like I need to get out the multimeter to make sure the polarity is correct but I need to go battery shopping first >

< the original Fostex AC adapter came with a right angle plug; so if you don't mind spending more than I think it's worth, you could hack that cable, attach whatever plugs you want to both a battery cable and the cut cable from the adapter and have both a portable and grid source of power; cheapest I found the Fostex AC adapter was B&H for $50, while steep it's better than the $80 Fostex wants >
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 12:50:33 AM by flipp »

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 05:09:46 PM »
After some testing the U plug from the RB270 retail package works. It's not a one piece cable but it is a one piece right angle tip for the cable. The Initial/ESA/Memorex batteries work fine. I updated the firmware on the FR2 from 1.08 to 2.23 while powering the unit with a DVD Li-Ion and there is now a fourth battery option available in the setup menu. In addition to the previous Alkali, NiCd and NiHM choices, there is also an RC7.2V. Unit runs fine on the 9V. Need to do some further testing with P48 on and see what kinds of run time I get, I suspect longer than it takes to write a 4gb 44.1/16 file. I'll test at 48/24 and 88.2/24 and report back.

< the above info still doesn't help in locating a source for the individual RA plugs though, good luck with your search >
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 05:21:58 PM by flipp »

Offline esteyes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 12:07:02 AM »
check into www.mouser.com  lots of power cables there.

neil
Neil Sturtevant
San Marcos, CA
AKG 451's + CK1/CK8/CK9
AKG 460's + CK61/CK63 or A60M + CK1/CK8/CK9  or MK46/CK1X/CK8X
Sennheiser K3U + MKE-2, ME20, ME40, ME80, ME88
Sennheiser MKH 110/2 x2 + MKH 110/1 powered via custom battbox
Busman BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4
Shure FP33 or Sony DMX P01
Korg MR1000 or Sony M1
stealth: M1 > MKE-2/ME 20/ME40 in the hat
all cabling LINK (made in Germany) balanced or balanced miniature w/ Neutrik ends

making custom cables and serviceable (non-epoxy) ultraflush right angle cables plus other custom projects

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com