Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack  (Read 4724 times)

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
« on: June 17, 2008, 08:18:59 AM »
I never thought this would happen.... but I'm back.   

I was perusing a garage sale up the road from the crib... and there sits a really nice NAD turntable w/ Grado cartridge.   $70.   Needless to say, its all up in the cabinet spinning records.   The only thing that sucks is that my records aren't in the greatest of shape anymore, and not very clean. (haven't had a turntable in at least 6 years)

Need to get some accessories.

Also picked up about 20 records too, some nice jazz records.

The thing that sucks is this dude lives like 5 houses away from me, and he's a total vinyl/music nerd - we have a lot in common otherwise too, but the reason he was having a garage sale is b/c he's selling everything he owns to move to Korea.... we lived that close but never met one another for 4 years.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 08:24:39 AM by Ticket-obsessed TS.com poster »
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 08:41:19 AM »
cleaning supplies: distilled water - isopropyl alcohol - two of the softest towels that you can find.

put the water/alcohol on one towel, clean the record whilst on the turntable, and then dry with the other?

thanks moke
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 10:33:20 AM »
thanks again dude, I'm on that.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 07:02:06 PM »
Moke, what percentage of water to IA do you use? 90% IA I suppose?

thanks
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Tim

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 07:45:12 PM »
Awesome, thanks a lot!

+T
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 07:06:57 AM »
or you can buy record cleaning solution.
:)

the expensive cleaners are basically a vaccume that drags across the album.  So what you do is get the "wand" adapter for your shopvac (or house vac).  cover it w/a replament felt cleaning pad (for vinyl) and cut a slit down the side.
you now have a cleaning wand that you can use *in place of the drying step*.  this works better.  much better.

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 09:28:54 AM »
You should use the highest quality "rubbing alchohol" you can find. There are different grades of the stuff,I read somewhere that the lower percentage stuff can leave a film on your vinyl. I just buy proper cleaning solution, it's a small price to pay for clean records.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline Tim

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 11:05:03 AM »
or you can buy record cleaning solution.
:)

the expensive cleaners are basically a vaccume that drags across the album.  So what you do is get the "wand" adapter for your shopvac (or house vac).  cover it w/a replament felt cleaning pad (for vinyl) and cut a slit down the side.
you now have a cleaning wand that you can use *in place of the drying step*.  this works better.  much better.

Yep, an adapted vacuum cleaner is a solid idea

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 11:20:05 AM »
If you guys do a search you can find my homemade record cleaning machine.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline Tim

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 11:35:06 AM »
totally forgot you had built that, good call Carl - thanks

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com