Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: sony d-6  (Read 2540 times)

Offline ssdd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
sony d-6
« on: October 30, 2008, 11:43:51 AM »
Hello all

I havent pulled outr my d-6 since 3-21-03     I'am thinking of taping Al & the transamericans   fri. Nite ... My question is  What chords do I need to get into the bd??

Offline run_run_run

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: sony d-6
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 02:06:45 PM »
SBD?

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 02:11:08 PM »
The thread stickied at the top of the forum may help:  http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,14253.0.html

If not, ask follow-up questions and we'll do what we can do get you sorted out.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline run_run_run

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 03:08:30 PM »
you should be able to get a SBD patch. I don't know what you have for inputs on the thing, make sure you can take dual 1/4s, RCAs or from male XLRs

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 08:19:00 AM »
The Sony WM-D6 and its successor, the WM-D6C, were small cassette recorders from the early and mid 1980s with 1/8" stereo sockets for consumer-level mike or line inputs. They had built-in Dolby noise reduction (Dolby "C" in the later version) but were never as widely favored as the TCD-5 or TCD-5M for recording music due to their transport mechanism, which can produce audible scrape flutter.
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

Offline Since85

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 02:12:30 PM »
Ah, flipping tapes again, just like the good old days!  ;)

I believe that the D-6 input may be a -10 DBU (consumer level), where most pro boards output at +4 DBM. You may get overload without attenuation. I am not sure about this, but be wary. In terms of connecting to a board, you will need either a RCA > mini, 1/4" > mini, or XLR (female) > mini. It depends on the board being used, and what the sound engineer has available for AUX sends. Another option would be to patch out of another taper's deck, if there will be one at the venue, which would eliminate any overload problems (unless the lead deck is getting overloaded). That would require a basic (RCA > mini), or (mini > mini) cable, depending on the deck. There are some very good threads in taperssection regarding board patching to help educate you a bit more.

Not to sales pitch for anyone, but Ed at Kindkables.com, can make any of the above cables for you, with good quality, at a reasonable price. He is an expereiced, knowledgable taper as well, he will hook you up.

Good luck.
 :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.097 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com