Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Building first cable...HELP!  (Read 7087 times)

Offline deadheaded

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Kind Kables
Re: Building first cable...HELP!
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 01:05:27 PM »
After reading thru the many replies, just want to clarify a few things. 

I wasn't intending on knocking anyone's price for their cables.  I have not, as the posting indicated, ever ventured into DIY cabling.  I have not ordered any specialty cables due to lack of need and have used cables that came with the gear I've purchased in the past.  I'm sorry if I offended either of you guys for your pricings.  I should have omitted the latter part of my posting.  Truly sorry guys...and no, not over priced at all.  The point in my post was to get a feel for whether-or-not it would be worthwhile to venture into it.  Sorry...

In regards to rsimms3 comment, I'm not sure what you've ascertained from my signature thread in regards to the cables I use.  Assuming from the fact that I did not list my cables in my thread that I use "standard" cables.  Just FYI, I use Mogami Gold mic cables and Hosa spdif's...commercially made (guess that makes them standard) but have been reliable.  As the needs arise, by all means would prefer buying from fellow tapers (or making myself?).

As always, thanks for everyone's input and sorry if I insulted anyone. 

no offense taken, just justifying my pricing.
you should try diy, it's fun, that's how i got  started.
if mess something up i'm sure mark, nick, myself or any of the cable makers would fix it for you.
If it's worth getting off the couch, it's worth taping!

Offline taperwheeler

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Building first cable...HELP!
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008, 10:25:47 AM »
Thanks everybody.  I think once the holidays have passed (and hopefully I'll have a lil' cash) will pick up some basic soldering tools (already have an iron) and will fool around with it.  Truth be known, I'm pretty hard on cables, so would be good to have the ability to make repairs at least.  I also have a couple xlr eco-charge power cables for my v3 that are wired for 12v that I need to rewire for 6v.  I imagine that will make for a good starter project.

Any suggestions on quality solder?
Mics: SP-CMC-8 AT933 Body 4.7K mod AT853 (c, sc) U853 (h) Microline Shotguns
Pres: CA 9100, SP-Preamp
Recorders: MT2 , Tascam DR-07, PCM-M10, PCM A10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com