Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Verifying FLACs  (Read 6455 times)

Offline dklein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re:Verifying FLACs
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2004, 10:30:45 AM »
How does one validate the FLAC files against the fingerprint signatures  (not against their internal checksum, not validating one fingerprint file against another)?

you could run the test on the checksums. If verified, you could output a fingerprint of your own and compare it to the one in the .txt file.....if those match, compare them to the ones in a database, or the ones referenced as the original files. am i still missing something?
That would do it.  A lot more work than double clicking on the md5  :P
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline Joe w.

• esniper
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Turn JB Up
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2004, 10:41:32 AM »
That would do it.  A lot more work than double clicking on the md5  

agreed.
2016 National Champions
five generations with an unlocked door and a loaded burglar alarm

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2004, 10:43:37 AM »
That would do it.  A lot more work than double clicking on the md5  

agreed.

Okay, that's kinda what I figured.  Thanks for helping clear this up in my mind, everyone.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2004, 07:56:10 AM »
yall are confusing 8)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

dancing with elihu

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2004, 11:33:10 PM »
One thing that I have run across with both flac and shn is that they will not convert to wav if there is something wrong with the flac fingerprint or md5...I don't know if that info is what you're looking for, but I thought I'd toss it out there.

Offline Phil

• Taperssection Member
  • Control for smilers can't be bought
    • BitTorrentMusic.com
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2004, 12:52:41 AM »
Another tid bit..  If you got the file from bit torrent, and it said "Downloaded Succeeded", then it's been verified to be an exact duplicate of the original.  Bit Torrent has error checking and verifing built into it.  beauty eh??
AKG 481 > V3 > MT2496 or VXpocket 440 > Laptop

Offline HanKDanK

• Someone lost a bet
    • My music list
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2004, 01:50:08 PM »
I thought the same thing, that it was more work but it actually isnt, at least the way I do things.  

Lets start old school, you d/led a show in SHN format via FTP.  Its all there so you run the md5s to check it all made it out ok, and it did.  Now, to be sure this is the original seed most usually check the etree db to match up md5s.  You can either do this by d/ling the md5s and running them against the files to verify, or you can do it by eye... which is what I always did.  Now youre all good, can decode to wav and drop on a CD to enjoy whever you please...

New school, you get a show in FLAC format via FTP.  You can then check the ffp by eye to the ffp on the db to be sure you have the right source with the correct lineage that hasnt been played around with.  Then you can decode to wav AND verify to be sure its all there in one step.  Seems to me it has taken out a step and is therefore less work than it actually seems.  Throw in the BT auto check, and its a nicer touch  ;D

-Stiles  :coolguy:
Don't try and tell me i haven't had a coke before...i've got a mind like a steel trap...the capital of djibouti is djibouti

Offline blu666z

• Trade Count: (1)
  • AT ES943(H/C/O caps) » JKLab PP9 Pre » wmod UA-5
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2004, 02:20:30 PM »
So sounds like the visual check is all you have...I may work on a some little utility to do it.

-Kevin

Offline HanKDanK

• Someone lost a bet
    • My music list
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2004, 02:36:06 PM »
yeah, but dont you think a visual check is actually faster??  The only time i can see its not faster is when you have about 10 shows on your HD you can just queue up, walk away and come back.  
Don't try and tell me i haven't had a coke before...i've got a mind like a steel trap...the capital of djibouti is djibouti

Online Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2004, 03:09:56 AM »
you can sreate a md5 for the origianl Flac files.  md5 is not for shn only but any data.  right click on anything  (data file) and you get create md5 option,
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2004, 06:57:09 AM »
>>Wow - it actually sounds like it is a manual comparison unless you have a mac and that x-act software (it has a feature allowing a fingerprint check).<<

can i get a +T?  hehe

actually, i believe caleb's util will do it on windows:

http://www.bklyn.org/~cae/md5check

a flac file has an internal md5sum.  creating a fingerprint file just extracts the  internal md5s stored with the flac files and writes them all to a disc

so all I did in xACT, and I'm assuming all caleb did in his scripts, is store all of the signatures in a structure and then call "metaflac --show-md5sum file" on each file and compare to the one in the fingerprint file.  it just automates the process you guys are doing manually now
« Last Edit: January 29, 2004, 06:57:31 AM by scott brown »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com