Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Adobe Audition Help Requested: Clip Restoration  (Read 2663 times)

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
Adobe Audition Help Requested: Clip Restoration
« on: June 17, 2009, 10:10:10 AM »
I have a recording that I simply ran my levels too hot. It was NIN and SSSC from camden a couple weeks ago. anyway the clipping is frequent, but only audible in a few spots.

i am hoping to find someone who has experience using audition's clip restoration tool. i've heard this can be pretty useful @ smoothing out those clips. i don't have access to the program and don't want to buy it for this one use.

is there anyone who would be willing to run this recording through audition's clip restoration tool? i may have access to a server to upload the untouched 24/48 file. if not i could spin a quick dvd and send it out.

what's in it for you? a big thanks on the txt file  ;D i have a ts.com koozie and sticker i could part with too  :P

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • beep boop
Re: Adobe Audition Help Requested: Clip Restoration
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 10:20:11 AM »
I can run it, if you like. I haven't used that function much, but it's relatively straightforward.

Plan C server? If so, PM me the log in junx, I haven't been there in like a year.
In: AT853>PMD620
Out: PC>MOTU Ultralite AVB>M-Audio BX8a/Grace m900

DAW: Ableton Live 10

My LMA Recordings

Offline pjdavep

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 11:59:18 AM »

I'd be willing to try, but if it's only audible in a few spots, I'd say just fix those few spots  ;D

The clip restoration tool will change the sound, maybe slightly, but change it none the less.  Could you post a small, 2-3 minute clip in FLAC form as an example?

Later,
    pjdavep
Recording: DPA 4061s > DPA MMA-6000 > R-09

Playback office: Denon 2200 > Grace 901 > Sennheiser 650's (all Cardas cabling)
            home: Onkyo SP-800 > Denon 887 > Odyssey HT-3 SE > Von Schweikert VR-2  (Kimber Select IC's and Bifocal XL spkr cables)

Offline T.J.

• My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 12:06:44 PM »

I'd be willing to try, but if it's only audible in a few spots, I'd say just fix those few spots  ;D

The clip restoration tool will change the sound, maybe slightly, but change it none the less.  Could you post a small, 2-3 minute clip in FLAC form as an example?

Later,
    pjdavep

actually that sounds like a good idea. i can post a mediafire link later after work. maybe a screen shot of the file open in wavelab too.

i was really close to posting the show "as is." after listening to it on my cpu, ipod, and on cdr i don't think it sounds too bad, but that doesn't mean it won't sound worse on other systems. the peaks are cutoff a little towards the end of the show. in most spots even though the peaks exceed 0 dB they aren't audible (at least to my ears).

what burns me is that it was such a rookie mistake. ran too hot and never checked levels...

i adjusted for janes and it came out perfect to my ears.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 12:09:08 PM »
What audio editor do you use?  Audition isn't the only one with a clip restoration feature.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline T.J.

• My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 12:15:12 PM »
What audio editor do you use?  Audition isn't the only one with a clip restoration feature.

wavelab. i couldn't find any information regarding a tool to "improve" clips, while a couple posts here reference adobe audition as having a great tool for this.

Offline T.J.

• My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 10:56:36 AM »
so i decided to seed "as is" i listened back to the recording a couple times via cpu, cdr, and mp3 and didn't think it was that bad. take a listen if you'd like:

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,123740.0.html

Offline rsimms3

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 02:07:26 PM »
In audition you can check how much clipping there is in the show.  Select the whole show and then do an analysis - it will show you an estimate of how many peaks are clipped.  Also, under Restoration I think it is, you can analyze and it will tell you the percentage of clipped audio compared to the whole show itself.
FOR SALE - Check HERE

Offline Brennan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Currently hooked on open taping
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 08:03:46 PM »
Sounds like you don't but if you need I'd be more than glad to help you out.
Team SoCal

Church Audio Cardiods > Church Audio STC-9000 Preamp > Edirol R-09 (24/48) <- Click for info on each!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com