Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO Lemo to 1/8" adapter for DPA 4060  (Read 3621 times)

Offline asobriquet

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Taperssection Member
  • electronic ears connected to an electronic memory
ISO Lemo to 1/8" adapter for DPA 4060
« on: June 18, 2009, 05:25:48 PM »
Hoping somebody has a line on a Lemo to 1/8" adapter for DPA 4060 mics or else info on who could make one (or two).  I'm not even sure one exists.  I've poked around on the site, but haven't found the info.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks. :)
Mics: SP LSD2, AKG CK-61,62 & 63, Naiant AKG active couplings x4 (TB cable/PFA), DPA 4061, Avantone CK1 (card, hyper and omni caps), Sony ECM717
Pres: AKG Tinybox, CA Ugly Pre, BM2P+ UA-5, Busman T-Mod UA-5, CA Ugly BB
Recorders: Busman mod Tascam DR-680, stock Tascam DR-680 (x2), Tascam DR-2D (x4), Sony PCM A10

https://archive.org/details/@dave_id

Online Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: ISO Lemo to 1/8" adapter for DPA 4060
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 05:59:05 PM »
Do you mean DPA microdot to 1/8" tip/ring?  You can several different styles of those from DPA - standard 1/8", locking threaded types, 1/8" TRS, etc., but they are all mono > mono.

I was to looking to convert standard microdot terminated 4060 pairs for use with a stereo mini-jack input preamps and wanted short cables with 2 x microdot (with screw-in, gender changer barrel connectors) at one end and a single stereo 1/8" TRS plug at the other.  Couldn't make them myself due to the special microdot tools required.  I ended up finding some cut 4060 cable pigtails left from some conversions and made one cable and had Len at Core Sound make me another one.  Len's cable works great but it wasn't cheap. I'm happy to have it though. Maybe give him a call if you need something special with microdot ends.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline asobriquet

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Taperssection Member
  • electronic ears connected to an electronic memory
Re: ISO Lemo to 1/8" adapter for DPA 4060
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 02:59:04 PM »
Thanks for the info Gutbucket.  The ones I'm looking at are hardwired Lemos, so I'd have to find Lemo - 1/8". Otherwise, I could ask Len or someone else here about changing out the connectors completely for 1/8" and skip the adapters completely since I don't forsee using Lemo connectors. I found some old posts regarding the 4060's and connectors (many of them have contain your comments!) and am starting to piece things together.  It looks like some folks have had trouble with changing out connectors while others have had good results.

Thanks again.
Mics: SP LSD2, AKG CK-61,62 & 63, Naiant AKG active couplings x4 (TB cable/PFA), DPA 4061, Avantone CK1 (card, hyper and omni caps), Sony ECM717
Pres: AKG Tinybox, CA Ugly Pre, BM2P+ UA-5, Busman T-Mod UA-5, CA Ugly BB
Recorders: Busman mod Tascam DR-680, stock Tascam DR-680 (x2), Tascam DR-2D (x4), Sony PCM A10

https://archive.org/details/@dave_id

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com