Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Glitchy playback (sometimes) on netbook?  (Read 1247 times)

Offline BradM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Glitchy playback (sometimes) on netbook?
« on: October 05, 2009, 10:38:38 AM »
I decided to book myself into a hotel in Toronto for a run of shows (Mike Gordon on Oct. 2 through two nights of Built To Spill on Oct. 6 and 7, to moe. on Oct. 10, along with a few others here and there), and figured I'd try doing things with a netbook. I bought an Acer Aspire One, loaded it with the software I need (Notmad Explorer, CDWav, FLAC Frontend, WinAmp, Firefox), bought the wired high-speed internet connection in my room, and went for it.

But when I was tracking the first recording in CDWav, the sound was glitchy, very similar to some problems I've had with a bad/flaky optical cable connection. When I listened to the recording straight off my Nomad, it was fine, and when I used WinAmp to listen to the WAVs, FLACs, and an MP3 file I downloaded off the LMA after the upload was done, they were all fine. I also noticed some (but not as much) glitching when I listen to the built-in player on LMA pages, so I think the recordings are fine, but I'm still curious as to why playing back through CDWav sounds glitchy, but playing back through WinAmp doesn't. Has anyone had anything like this happen?

Aloha,
Brad
2015-07

03 / Pokey Lafarge / Ottawa, ON / Ritual
11 / PleasureCraft / Ottawa, ON / Irene's Pub

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com