Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need editing help!!  (Read 6078 times)

Offline dean

• Akustische u. Kino-Geräte!!!!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The Dude abides...
Re: Need editing help!!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 08:50:58 PM »
audacity will not switch to export by trackmarks, although that is how it exported it.  the other is once i combine 2 files together (2, 2 gig files)  only the first file will play for me.  when it gets to where the other file has been combined it stops giving me a signal, it just stops playing..  curser keeps moving volume goes out though....

hope i did a better job this time explaining it...

Sort of.  But if you put labels (tracks) into a file, and export via the Export Multiple function, it'll lay out all those tracks for you. 

Not sure I follow you on the second part, but I'm worried I'm missing your point altogether.   :-\
Light weight: Sound Pro AT 831 or MBHO's > tinybox > D7 or Samson PM4's > Denecke PS-2 > D7
Slutty weight:  [MBHO MBP 603A + (KA100LK/KA200N/KA500HN)] and/or [AKG C 414 b xls (omni/sub-card/card/hyp/8)]  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's/other xlr's > Oade T & W Mod R-4 or UA-5 (BM2p+ mod.) or JB3 or D7

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deanlambrecht

Offline augwest71

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • mbho603a>V3>722
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 09:55:40 PM »
you know how the files are split into 2 gig files automatically?  well when i combine them the one that is added to the original file will not give me any signal.  i can not listen to it after the combined part.  the first part i can hear and see levels for but the second it gets to the spot where they have been spliced together and on there is no sound or levels..  and when i export them they do not play in any other media..

thanks for helping me work through this.  once i figure it out i have a lot of music to break apart..

peace
david
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 10:09:39 PM by augwest71 »
Do you have a tapers ticket sir????

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 10:41:13 PM »
I'm not sure why you're combining them and then splitting again. I'd split first, then just join the two files that are on the boundary between 2GB files. In other words, if file A contains tracks 1, 2, 3 and part of track 4, while file B contains the rest of track 4 plus tracks 5, 6 and 7, then just split A into 1, 2, 3 and 4a. Split B into 4b, 5, 6 and 7. Then just join 4a and 4b with the editor of your choice.
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline augwest71

• Taperssection Regular
  • mbho603a>V3>722
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 09:26:46 PM »
i am not spliting twice.  i am joining the two 2 gig files then spliting the whole thing into track marks..  the problem is once combined the 2nd part will not give me a signal..

Offline greenone

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 10:04:51 PM »
Right - I think your problem is joining the 2 gig files in the first place. Don't join and then split...split and then join.
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings

Offline augwest71

• Taperssection Regular
  • mbho603a>V3>722
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 10:11:28 PM »
i figured it out finally.  i used xact to join instead of audacity and no problems.  what software do you use to burn to cd?  nero doesn't seem to work on the mac..

thanks for all of your help.  wish there would of been a manual to read, prefer a paper copy for easy reference..

Offline greenone

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 10:56:40 PM »
I use SimplyBurns - http://simplyburns.berlios.de

Offline augwest71

• Taperssection Regular
  • mbho603a>V3>722
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 11:12:21 PM »
thanks again

i really like that simply burn too!!!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 11:22:11 PM by augwest71 »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com