Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sound Forge Question - Optimum PC settings  (Read 1372 times)

Offline anr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Sound Forge Question - Optimum PC settings
« on: January 22, 2010, 12:57:15 AM »
I used Soundforge since v4.5.  I bought 6 and was happy, but got a bit annoyed at the constant upgrades so borrowed 7, 8 and now 9 to try. 

My problem is, they are all deadly slow compared to 6.  For example, a 70min file will take a few seconds to open in 6, but minutes in 9.  Today I tried a like for like comparison after a bit of processing - V6 saved a file in 30 seconds, v9 saved the same work in over 5 minutes.  Yet, elsewhere (on this forum) I've read that v9 is meant to be faster. 

I have an Athlon dual core (2 x 3GHz) system, 4GB RAM & Windows 7.  (Just upgraded from XP pro, and is noticeably faster). 

While I intend sticking with v6, can anyone recommend optimum PC settings for Soundforge please?  I've tried asking Sony, but no reply. 

Offline anr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Sound Forge Question - Optimum PC settings
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 08:15:03 AM »
Not much interest in optimising performance it seems, but through trial and error I've found the single biggest improvement came when I uninstalled DISKEEPER.  A real resource hog.

And v6.0a is still by far the best!

I've also noticed that CD Wave (latest version) is incompatible with Windows 7 and constantly crashes, particularly when scrolling through a long file to get to split points.  Mouse and keyboard freeze and you just have to reboot with the power button. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com