Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: School Rig (MAYBE)  (Read 1999 times)

Offline B

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
School Rig (MAYBE)
« on: January 29, 2004, 10:16:55 PM »
hey all

new semester just started, and one of my classes is TV/Radio Tech.  my teacher is way cool - hes the best a/v teacher in our county, so he's retired and still gets payed triple what the other teachers get, and hes the man at getting tech. stuff payed off as school expenses.  hes got a little taping rig right now, crappy vocal mics, vocal mic stands, and a sony minidisc, and if i fluff it enough, hell probably get some money for a new rig.  were talking like 1000 bucks maybe.  so what do you guys think i could fit in there?

:shocking: b

Offline super-phat-al

• Vulture Shit, heard of it?
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I am a real American
Re:School Rig (MAYBE)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 10:33:59 PM »
alright d00d

AKG 391s>UA-5>JB3
Oktava MK-012>UA-5>JB3

I think those are two good options.  if he will throw up the extra bucks for the 391s then do it, if not, take the oktavas.  Hell i might sell him mine.  If he is serious about forking over the money then talk to me and ill write up a nice convincing proposal.

Offline hoobash

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 11:23:28 PM »
If you do the ua-5 digimod yourself you can spend some more $$$ on mics

Offline B

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2004, 04:18:03 PM »
yeah ive been lookin at stuff and im considering a laptop rig.  hes got some souped up machines in school...a couple laptops at his house that he might let me use.  whats the better setup - pre>laptop or just >laptop with a soundcard or something like that...if theres some setup like that thats only around 500-600 without mics, i think that would be the way to go

« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 04:18:59 PM by B »

Offline B

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004, 04:53:39 PM »
after examining the contents of the site, ive seen some stuff about the vx pocket.  whats the deal with that thingy?

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2004, 01:16:31 AM »
w/ the vx pocket you should be feeding it a digital signal, hence you'll need to pick up an additional a/d convertor.  and preamp.  if he already has a laptop (assuming it has enough "stuff" for recording - search for my thread in the archival section) he can pick up a usbpre for 550 or maybe cheaper used (i may be selling mine also) and have an all-in-one pre-a/d.  sounds really good and does 24-bit.  enough left for a decent set of condensors.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com