Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Good Read... Room Acoustics  (Read 1630 times)

Offline scervin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Good Read... Room Acoustics
« on: January 30, 2004, 08:12:46 AM »
On my journey on understanding room acoustics and trying to find some good DIY projects Ethan sent me this link.

http://www.ethanwiner.com/acoustics.html

I'm going to start my basement and wanted to know if good sound can be achieved through my original plan.  Once we have kids there won't be any late night movies at high volume unless I get some HT in the basement.  I have 3 concrete walls that I was going to pain, but now I will go with only 2.  I plan to construct 12 OC 703 panels (3 for each side wall, 2 corners, 1 on back wall) 2 on ceiling).  Ethan has helped me out a bit and sent me his link.  

I put this here only because in our need for great sound the room plays a large part.

SC

Offline rustle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Rock On!
Re:Good Read... Room Acoustics
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 09:38:17 PM »
Thanks Scott.
 Couldn't come at a better time.
"Once in a while you can get shone the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right" - J. Garcia, R. Hunter

“Physical discomfort is important only when the mood is wrong. Then you fasten on to whatever thing is uncomfortable and call that the cause. But if the mood is right, then physical discomfort doesn't mean much.” - Robert Pirsig, author, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com