Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Whacked iPod  (Read 1697 times)

Offline jefflester

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Whacked iPod
« on: May 14, 2010, 03:21:32 AM »
I have a 4G 20GB non-photo that my ex handed down to me many years ago. I decided to Rockbox it to use as FLAC playback in the car. That went fine, but I only had about 4GB of space on it because it still had the MP3s from before. When I installed Rockbox (3.51) I didn't do anything other than just hook up the iPod to the computer with USB and install, the computer did not have iTunes. With Rockbox installed I didn't see anyway to locate or delete the MP3s that were already on there, but I decided I wanted the whole iPod for FLACs or WAVs so wanted to get rid of the MP3s (which are stored on some other hard drive also). So without researching or thinking much about what I was doing I just did a "format" from Windows on the iPod drive location, thinking I could just clean it all out and then do a new install of Rockbox and go from there. Now it just sits there and says "Can't load rockbox.ipod: File not found Hold MENU+SELECT to reboot then SLECT+PLAY for disk mode" but holding down MENU+SELECT doesn't do anything. It doesn't show up as a drive on the computer. Any suggestions on how to resurrect this thing?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 01:01:25 PM by jefflester »
DPA4061 HEB -> R-09 / AT943 -> CA-UGLY -> R-09
AKG CK63 -> nBob actives -> Baby NBox -> R-09/DR2d
AKG CK63 -> AKG C460B -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII
Line Audio CM4/Superlux S502/Samson C02/iSK Little Gem/Sennheiser E609/Shure SM57 -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII (multitracked band recordings)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com