Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New Sanyo 2500mAh Eneloop NiMH rechargeables  (Read 6193 times)

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Needs to get out more...
New Sanyo 2500mAh Eneloop NiMH rechargeables
« on: September 29, 2010, 12:53:17 PM »
I'm getting some of these when they come out...

SANYO Launches it’s Long Awaited Rechargeable Battery with High Capacity and Low Self-discharge (Exclusive to Europe)

The XX (Double X) battery powered by eneloop and designed for professional use

Munich, September 20, 2010 - SANYO Component Europe GmbH, a subsidiary of SANYO Electric Co., Ltd., announces the launch of the AA size XX (Double X) rechargeable battery (HR-3UWX-4BP). The new battery powered by eneloop technology is the eagerly awaited high capacity typ. 2500m Ah*1 cell from SANYO, featuring the trademark low self-discharge property and designed for professional use. The XX battery will be available from December across Europe.

The European market has been demanding a high capacity rechargeable battery to suit the needs of power draining devices for some time now. The XX battery offers users longer periods of use whilst also coming pre-charged, offering the combined advantages of a disposable battery and rechargeable battery. The battery has a low self-discharge rate and even after one year of storage retains 75%*2 of capacity.
Main Features

1. Powered by eneloop technology, the rechargeable battery for professional use, featuring both high capacity and a low self-discharge
With the high capacity of typ. 2500 mAh in an AA size, the new XX battery from SANYO offers users of professional digital cameras peace of mind shooting with a new longer battery life. Users of these power draining devices no longer need to worry about short-term battery power cuts.

2. Stable voltage and longer power life than Alkaline batteries
No different to the original eneloop ready to use rechargeable batteries, the new XX continues to provide a stable voltage. This is particularly useful for devices using high electrical currents, such as gaming equipment and children’s toys as well as professional digital cameras.

3. Black and silver design to symbolize its appropriateness for professional use The XX design has taken inspiration from gadget users and their affinity for ‘digital fashion’. eneloop is already renowned for its design traits and this new XX with its black background and subtle silver crosses is a further testament to SANYO’s design strength.

Specifications
Product
Nickel-Metal Hydride Rechargeable Battery
Product Name
XX(Double X)
Product Number
HR-3UWX-4BP(4-unit pack)
Nominal Voltage
1.2V
Rating Capacity (Typ.)
2500 mAh
Rating Capacity (min.)
2400 mAh
Dimensions
14.35mm (diameter) x 50.4mm (height)
Weight
Approx. 30g
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 12:55:13 PM by su6oxone »

Offline Shadow_7

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: New Sanyo 2500mAh Eneloop NiMH rechargeables
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 03:16:42 PM »
Interesting about the low self discharge.  I have some Kodak 2650mAh NiMH batteries that I like, but can't find anymore.  But those particular batteries don't hold a charge very long.  As in one week after charging you're at 75% or less charge.  One month and why did you bother charging them in the first place.  My Radio Shack 2100mAh while not as great in terms of charge capacity seem a little longer lived per charge when stored.  2500mAh is good enough for me, and a charge that holds so I don't have to charge the batteries within 24 hours of using them would be a welcome relief.

Offline su6oxone

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 03:51:13 PM »
Interesting about the low self discharge.

Yep, this is the primary distinguishing feature of the Eneloop battery series.  I wasn't so into the 2000mAh ones but at 2500mAh I will go for these for sure, especially since the Sanyo capacity ratings have been very accurate in my experience.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 04:21:39 PM »
You can buy low self-discharge Maha Imedion 2400mAh AAs today- http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=426&cur=features#mid,
which may perform as well or better than the new Eneloops.

I have 2 year old 2100mAh Imedions and they all meaured well over 2100.  I bought them because they outperformed the same generation Eneloops despite the eneloop's higher nominal mAh rating. Eneloops are great batteries, but I believe their mAh rating is slightly inflated for marketing reasons.  In practical terms they probably perform about equally (in all the testing reports I reviewed, the old gen Imdedions only slighly edged out the Eneloops).  Yet personally, I appreciate Maha rating their batteries more realistically and prefer them, partly for that reason, partly for the slighlty better performance, and partly as a negative reaction to Sanyo's big marketing budget and contribution to inflationary specs.  You'd think they were the only ones making decent low-discharge NiMh. 

I'm just tired of marketing obscuring things of actual significance with meaningless or outright incorrect statements and inflated one-up-manship.
Can you store 1TB of information on a 1TB hard drive?
Does 192kHz audio offer more resolution in the 20Hz - 22kHz region than 96 or 48kHz?
Can that inexpensive 1000W car amp supply more current at the same distortion levels as this old well-built 200W one?
The answert to each is NO, but markers would have us believe those things are true.
Hey Sanyo, do you hear my wallet speaking? 

/rant

SANYO Launches it’s Long Awaited Rechargeable Battery with High Capacity and Low Self-discharge (Exclusive to Europe)
Rating Capacity (Typ.)
2500 mAh
Rating Capacity (min.)
2400 mAh
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline su6oxone

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 04:43:57 PM »
Yet personally, I appreciate Maha rating their batteries more realistically and prefer them, partly for that reason, partly for the slighlty better performance, and partly as a negative reaction to Sanyo's big marketing budget and contribution to inflationary specs.  You'd think they were the only ones making decent low-discharge NiMh. 

I haven't owned any Eneloops, but the Sanyo 2700mAh batteries that I owned (8 of them) were very accurate with regards to mAh capacity measured by my LaCrosse charger.  Much more accurate than my other brand of rechargeables (LaCrosse -- hehe, and Energizer), usually measuring in the upper 2650s.  I've found them to be great batteries and I don't think they cost that much, although maybe the Eneloops cost more.  In any case, I'll do some capacity tests when I get the new Eneloops to see how accurate they are.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 04:47:23 PM »
Sanyo makes good batts.  I'll be curious how these test.

Didn't mean to 'go off' on the marketing rant, but the issue came up in another context this morning and has been knawing at me today.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 01:22:13 PM »
Ansmann USA carries their version of this battery already out in stores.   Its called the max-e.  its a 2500mah low discharge battery....retains 85% of its charge for up to a year...... Plus they are Warrantied for 2 years....

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/678991-REG/Ansmann_5035442_5035442_MAX_E_AA_2500mAh.html#features

I think Thomas Distributing carries these for 11$.... 

I am planning on getting these....OOK
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com