Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Power invertor and charger for festivals?  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Sterling

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Power invertor and charger for festivals?
« on: February 22, 2004, 11:04:20 AM »
With Nimh batteries I think that the batteryspace charger here:
http://www.batteryspace.com/product.asp?0=208&1=337&3=353
IMO. But at the festival you will need a power invertorfor the cig adaptor. So would something like a 150 watt one work? If this unit is used how long would it take to charge a 3000 nimh battery with this cahrger (at homw this charger would charge a 3000 in 90 minutes I can't figure out these numbers HELP!

Also some suggest a intellipeak charger that could run right out of the car without an invertor : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3176240355&category=34063#ebayphotohosting

What's the best solution for festival (not to drain battery) and cahrge the batt quickly? Thanks guys!

SS

Offline chase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Etree List
Re:Power invertor and charger for festivals?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 03:18:37 PM »
a 150W power invertor would definitely work.

P = V*I

the charger is only outputting 2A so to hit 150W, it would have to be outputting 75V, which it won't.

i would assume that it would take roughly the same time to charge coming out of the invertor as at home since the invertor produces the same 120V AC as any plug in your house.  i'd say this is a good option but a better one would be to befriend a vendor so you don't kill your car battery.

you should have come to robert randolph on friday at sphere, fun show.

Offline Sterling

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 08:03:46 PM »
I was there! I was set up right next to the board with Keith. I thought I saw you down on the second level but I wasn't sure. Awesome show!!!! The MJ Show...filled to the brim with groovin' oldies!

Thanks too for the input though...I gues the invertor is the way to go...other than befriending a vendor, but I hate to count on that ya know. Plus they hhave those invertors for like twenty bucks. Thanks again Chase, see ya around.

SS

Offline chase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Etree List
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 12:31:28 AM »
i didn't recognize any of those guys who were running left of the board.  looked like one guy was running schoeps > minime?  i'd be curious if your tape sounds good because mine has a couple spots of diginoise.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com